+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player value for money

Player value for money

Remind me of which player earns what per week, and more importantly who is currently earning their wage?

Re: Player value for money

we don't really know tbh, there are various things on the internet but who knows if they are remotely accurate.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/footbal...-player-wages/
    that has been posted on here a few times for last season.

https://www.capology.com/club/cardiff/salaries/
    this is a new one I've found for this season. no idea if it's even close to being correct, it does show how much we've taken out of the wage bill already (it claims we've halved it from ,20 Million to 10 million) but the problem is the loss of parachute payments cut our income by 30 before we even get started on covid effects.

Exclamation Re: Player value for money

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we don't really know tbh, there are various things on the internet but who knows if they are remotely accurate.

this is a new one I've found for this season. no idea if it's even close to being correct, it does show how much we've taken out of the wage bill already (it claims we've halved it from ,20 Million to 10 million) but the problem is the loss of parachute payments cut our income by 30 before we even get started on covid effects.
    I can reliably tell you that those figures are wrong, Smithies is on a lot less than £30k per week. I can also tell you that Warnock persuaded one of the players to switch to Unique Sports Group ( who may have an employee with the same surname) when we were going up and he had a £16k per week increase. Tan also raised an enquiry relating to the signing of Bacuna, which surprises no-one really

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I can reliably tell you that those figures are wrong, Smithies is on a lot less than £30k per week. I can also tell you that Warnock persuaded one of the players to switch to Unique Sports Group ( who may have an employee with the same surname) when we were going up and he had a £16k per week increase. Tan also raised an enquiry relating to the signing of Bacuna, which surprises no-one really
    I would also presume that we are still paying a decent proportion of Josh Murphy's wage at the least, possibly the other loanees too.

I would also presume that we are still paying a decent proportion of Josh Murphy's wage at the least, possibly the other loanees too.
    Preston are meant to be paying half of his £20k wages

Might that player who swapped have a surname very similar to our current manager by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Might that player who swapped have a surname very similar to our current manager by any chance?
    You may be correct I find it surprising that Tan trusted Warnock so much, I guess it goes to show how convincing Old Neil can be, allegedly, when there's cash at the end of a transaction. Tan also had wind that some of the Cornelius money transfer had been siphoned off to a particular account which may or may not have been connected to a manager and head of recruitmeConversations were had and both parties denied any involvement. I always though it strange when the same pair then randomly came out with statements praising Tan

Didn't quite a few switch to USM/USG? Ralls is with them, as are Morrison, Bacuna, Healey, Mark Harris, Pilkington and Peltier

Interestingly summer signings Giles, Collins & McGuinness are also there, though that's probably coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Didn't quite a few switch to USM/USG? Ralls is with them, as are Morrison, Bacuna, Healey, Mark Harris, Pilkington and Peltier

Interestingly summer signings Giles, Collins & McGuinness are also there, though that's probably coincidence
    Spot on

You may be correct I find it surprising that Tan trusted Warnock so much, I guess it goes to show how convincing Old Neil can be, allegedly, when there's cash at the end of a transaction. Tan also had wind that some of the Cornelius money transfer had been siphoned off to a particular account which may or may not have been connected to a manager and head of recruitmeConversations were had and both parties denied any involvement. I always though it strange when the same pair then randomly came out with statements praising Tan
    I remember there was a documentary series about QPR years ago, and when Warnock took over and turned them around one of their owners was saying something like "finally we've got someone who knows what they're doing".
    when Warnock took a relegation threatened side and won promotion within 2 seasons the members of our board must have thought similarly, so it isn't surprising that he was given a free hand.
    he is also very convincing when he talks, it all sounds so simple when you listen to him, so it must be very seductive to the board members, especially in.ohr case when they are shall we say, still learning about the football side of things.

Warnock isn't without some significant strengths, but it seems like what was best for him and what was best for the club wasn't always aligned, and without a stronger board we've ended up pandering to the former.

What does this mean? A formal enquiry? What were the findings?

Nice of McGuinness Collins and Colwill to play for free.

He did it personally, having sought advice from an industry expert. No other club were interested in paying as much in fee or wages and the length of contract seemed strange for a middling player. Realised he'd been tucked up, no chance of recompense from anywhere though....

He did it personally, having sought advice from an industry expert. No other club were interested in paying as much in fee or wages and the length of contract seemed strange for a middling player. Realised he'd been tucked up, no chance of recompense from anywhere though....
    even if it's just a lesson's learned exercise that's probably a good thing to have done

I remember there was a documentary series about QPR years ago, and when Warnock took over and turned them around one of their owners was saying something like "finally we've got someone who knows what they're doing".
    when Warnock took a relegation threatened side and won promotion within 2 seasons the members of our board must have thought similarly, so it isn't surprising that he was given a free hand.
    he is also very convincing when he talks, it all sounds so simple when you listen to him, so it must be very seductive to the board members, especially in.ohr case when they are shall we say, still learning about the football side of things.

Warnock isn't without some significant strengths, but it seems like what was best for him and what was best for the club wasn't always aligned, and without a stronger board we've ended up pandering to the former.

QPR were less pleased with the transfer dealings that took Joey Barton from Newcastle to QPR. Wonder who their manager was at the time who set up that deal? And who the football agent was who was involved in that deal with the manager?

Just asking!

What are your sources for this and the Cornelius comments please

No idea on City players. I do know the salary of one listed Championship player (through knowing his brother) his salary is listed as 12k5 , his salary is 16k, doubled from 8k, due to signing a new contract and to stop him leaving for a side just promoted to the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    What are your sources for this and the Cornelius comments please
    Sorry, journalists protect their sources

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBlue View Post
    Remind me of which player earns what per week, and more importantly who is currently earning their wage?
    Why would anyone who posts on here have any knowledge about any of that. Any answers you have got are pure conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why would anyone who posts on here have any knowledge about any of that. Any answers you have got are pure conjecture.
    But you feel confident to decide what people you've never met know or don't know? A little hypocritical don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But you feel confident to decide what people you've never met know or don't know? A little hypocritical don't you think?
    The club is more leak-proof than it has ever been but people still feel that they can disclose relevant and accurate information when given it. Most "inside-info", especially from the dark-side board, is total crap though

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Follow the money

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBlue View Post
    Smithies

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Smithies
    He's brilliant and worth his salary, which is nowhere near what was hinted at both on here and the other board/s

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why would Sheffield ST holders have knowledge that you've posted on here before... lets be consistent.