+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: WEST BROMWICH ALBION 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY

Re: FT: WEST BROMWICH ALBION 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bang on. You win some, you lose some. Ref evened it out. Next game please.
    This.

I did say just after it happened we were lucky to get away with the Flint challenge.
    Stone waller for me.

Happy with a point there when all's said and done.

Not a penalty for me. Yes, Pack had hands on him, but the WBA player obviously dived. There was no pulling, no shoving. That's the kind of bullshit that gets given by VAR. Most refs wouldn't give that in real-time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Not a penalty for me. Yes, Pack had hands on him, but the WBA player obviously dived. There was no pulling, no shoving. That's the kind of bullshit that gets given by VAR. Most refs wouldn't give that in real-time.
    Okay, maybe not a stone wall penalty but these are very often given.

It depends how much force there has been in the pull back and only the players themselves know whether it was enough.
    Pull a shirt and you run the risk.

If it was outside the box then I reckon they'd be given nine times out of ten and the way that the ref had been officiating all through the game, I would not have been at all surprised had a pelanty been awarded.
    I doubt Pack would have had much defence had it been.

It was a stupid challenge whichever way you view it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Okay, maybe not a stone wall penalty but these are very often given.

It depends how much force there has been in the pull back and only the players themselves know whether it was enough.
    Pull a shirt and you run the risk.

If it was outside the box then I reckon they'd be given nine times out of ten and the way that the ref had been officiating all through the game, I would not have been at all surprised had a pelanty been awarded.
    I doubt Pack would have had much defence had it been.

It was a stupid challenge whichever way you view it.
    It was stupid. If anyone on here can tell me why Pack had his hands on the WBA players shoulders as he's attempting to get around the outside of him then i'd be interested to know what the reason was. I'd very much doubt that it was for anyone elses benefit apart from pack, and i very much doubt that it would have helped the WBA player in any positive way, in fact, it could be argued that it impeded his movement. Thankfully, the Ref didn't see it that way, probably because they had scored an offside goal and it was the final kick of the game. For me, a penalty, i'd expect it if it was us and i would be disappointed if it wasn't given. As would the majority on here who are saying it wasn't a penalty. That's football.

Re: WEST BROMWICH ALBION v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    wow, player between the defender and goal, can't be any easier to spot

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    wow, player between the defender and goal, can't be any easier to spot
    is there anyone out of picture, to the left?

is there anyone out of picture, to the left?
    Don't think so. But also looks a '90% penalty' from the replays. Not sure why Pack was doing that, so daft. I'd also like to say what big-hearted bloke Flint is. I know most players give 100% but he just exudes effort and passion. If City could find a 30yr old Bamba to play alongside him in a back 4, we would let in half the goals we currently do.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Don't think so. But also looks a '90% penalty' from the replays. Not sure why Pack was doing that, so daft. I'd also like to say what big-hearted bloke Flint is. I know most players give 100% but he just exudes effort and passion. If City could find a 30yr old Bamba to play alongside him in a back 4, we would let in half the goals we currently do.
    That's the point, Pack gave the ref a decision to make, idiot. I like Flint, he works hard and doesn't go missing when he makes a mistake or things get tough for him. Limited at times but honest and competitive. He's a good pro.

I still do not see this as a penalty......

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Incredible the turnaround in his Cardiff career, from an overpriced (I'd say he still is) donkey to cult hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I still do not see this as a penalty......
    Neither did the ref, thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Incredible the turnaround in his Cardiff career, from an overpriced (I'd say he still is) donkey to cult hero!
    We love a cult hero, that's half the problem

We love a cult hero, that's half the problem
    We need Eddie back!

Only saw the second half. Happy with the point but it’s 2 dropped for me. Their goal was offside and we had an extra man for twenty minutes.

Colwill was positive and should start for me, but Davies should have come on sooner and he should have moved away from Bartley who was too strong for him. Let Collins occupy him.

Not a pen IMO.

Eddie Johnson?.....West Brom have just signed "Eddie Johnson in disguise". As seen at half time. USA international I bet he's wondering what he has let himself in for.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Only saw the second half. Happy with the point but it’s 2 dropped for me. Their goal was offside and we had an extra man for twenty minutes.

Colwill was positive and should start for me, but Davies should have come on sooner and he should have moved away from Bartley who was too strong for him. Let Collins occupy him.

Not a pen IMO.
    Agree with all this apart from the penalty call.

As Tuerto has said elsewhere, we'd be baying for that one if it was the other way around and feel aggrieved to have not got it. But, their goal was offside.

Thought Morison didn't manage it well enough when WBA had the red. That was a massive advantage to us and we didn't exploit it. If anything, I really couldn't tell they were a player short as they created some brilliant chances.

No stand-outs for me today but very pleased we came away with a point but very disappointed we dropped 2.

Not a penalty. Their player threw himself to the ground after he felt an arm on him. Their goal was clearly offside. Good performance though. West Brom manager needs to get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Not a pen IMO.
    Just on that point about Davies moving away from Bartley and letting Collins occupy him, this is where I think we lack leadership. It's up to our manager, captain, and senior players to take some responsibility. Davies is a creative player and we desperately need that. Great goal from Collins but he's bland. Thought Harris showed some flair and sparkle today.

The most glaring deficiencies in our side is our inability not to win a second ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Not a penalty. Their player threw himself to the ground after he felt an arm on him. Their goal was clearly offside. Good performance though. West Brom manager needs to get a grip.
    Morison’s words
    "It was all caused by them having a stonewall penalty and the referee not giving it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Morison’s words
    "It was all caused by them having a stonewall penalty and the referee not giving it.
    Did he rally say that? If so, then he's seeing the infringement not as an opposing manager but as a striker. He'd have been all over it. It was a penalty in my opinion.

West Bromwich Albion 1-1 Cardiff City: Three red cards in draw https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59792506

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The most glaring deficiencies in our side is our inability not to win a second ball.
    This has been a massive problem for ages. It's so frustrating. Heading the ball in 'defensive' situations straight back to an opposition player (I'm looking at you Nelson and Flint).

There was one passage of play where we had possession, passed it sideways and backward all the way back to Smithies, because WBA was pressing only for Smithies to hoof the ball straight back to an Albion player at almost the exact same point on the park we started passing back from.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I prefer him to Nelson and at the moment he's giving Morrison a run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The thing is that if Pack had kept his hands off him then noone would have thought it a penalty.