+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stripping British nationals of their citizenship

Stripping British nationals of their citizenship

Interesting article and thread here.

https://twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/st...208932872?s=21

“Currently, no other country can make its own citizens stateless by depriving them of citizenship without notice.”

I’m ashamed of the right wing loons in this current government. What scares me more that anything is the fact that the person imposing these laws is an immigrant herself. What the hell have we become.

Re: Stripping British nationals of their citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Interesting article and thread here.

https://twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/st...208932872?s=21

“Currently, no other country can make its own citizens stateless by depriving them of citizenship without notice.”

I’m ashamed of the right wing loons in this current government. What scares me more that anything is the fact that the person imposing these laws is an immigrant herself. What the hell have we become.
    Priti Patel isn't an immigrant. She is British - born in London. Not sure why that would be a factor even if correct. She is simply a right wing, English nationalist, populist Tory.

I agree the stance of this government - and Patel in particular - is shameful.

James Wales:

"If this was true (which it probably isn't) then how many UK citizens have actually had their citizenship revoked?"

Life on Mars:

"Nobody seems to want to answer this amazing question babes!"

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Priti Patel isn't an immigrant. She is British - born in London. Not sure why that would be a factor even if correct. She is simply a right wing, English nationalist, populist Tory.

I agree the stance of this government - and Patel in particular - is shameful.
    OK I should have said daughter of immigrants. Why would you treat immigrants the way she does when her parents came here in the 60’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    James Wales:

"If this was true (which it probably isn't) then how many UK citizens have actually had their citizenship revoked?"

Life on Mars:

They won't answer this as its untrue .

Other than that dreadful lady whom we rightfully stripped away citizenship from because she glady see UK citizens die no matter who they were , oh and that chap with the hook as a hand festering away in the USA .

Up the revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    OK I should have said daughter of immigrants. Why would you treat immigrants the way she does when her parents came here in the 60’s.
    You are aware stripping someone of citizenship doesn't apply to law abiding folk ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You are aware stripping someone of citizenship doesn't apply to law abiding folk ?
    Did the Windrush Scandal pass you by?

But that was ok because they didn't produce their papers when instructed.

You are deluded. As already pointed out, what about the Windrush scandal?

Wait until it affects someone you know and love.

James Wales:

Life on Mars:

In three posts you have already developed the ability to bastardize other people's posts but still put them in inverted commas.

The reason no UK citizen has had their citizenship revoked under this law is that it isn't a law yet. It's another one of Patel's populist gimmicks chasing the people who go apoplectic at the sound of Shamima Begum's name. No doubt all those 100 or so Tory MP's who humiliated Johnson in the name of civil liberties will be the first through the lobbies to vote for this one though.

So for once LoM is right when he says that what you wrote in the name of Gluey like balance is untrue.

He may have felt a slight "rush of wind' now you mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    In three posts you have already developed the ability to bastardize other people's posts but still put them in inverted commas.

The reason no UK citizen has had their citizenship revoked under this law is that it isn't a law yet. It's another one of Patel's populist gimmicks chasing the people who go apoplectic at the sound of Shamima Begum's name. No doubt all those 100 or so Tory MP's who humiliated Johnson in the name of civil liberties will be the first through the lobbies to vote for this one though.

So for once LoM is right when he says that what you wrote in the name of Gluey like balance is untrue.
    I think you missed my point entirely, Cyril but you still came to the correct conclusion at the end.

I was mocking the pair of them for a previous communication they had.

Also James is often disingenuous with his posts and Life on Mars seems to just lap up everything he says without understanding what's happening.

That's what I was going for. Unfortunately, if you've got to explain the joke, it's not very good.

I think you missed my point entirely, Cyril but you still came to the correct conclusion at the end.

I was mocking the pair of them for a previous communication they had.

Also James is often disingenuous with his posts and Life on Mars seems to just lap up everything he says without understanding what's happening.

That's what I was going for. Unfortunately, if you've got to explain the joke, it's not very good.
    I've never been disingenuous, I merely don't like and will always challenge what I view to be political bigotry. We see a lot of that from the left on here, and when it's from the right I would do the same.

And as I have proven on the other thread, I was correct about the levelling up fund.

Jolyon Maugham is somewhat of a snake oil salesman who endlessly seems to lose court cases but has developed a rather cult-like status on twatter due to his anti Brexit feelings. (Jolyon being a classic anti-brexit name btw). He also killed a fox in a garden with a bat whilst wearing a kimono.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I've never been disingenuous, I merely don't like and will always challenge what I view to be political bigotry. We see a lot of that from the left on here, and when it's from the right I would do the same.

And as I have proven on the other thread, I was correct about the levelling up fund.

Jolyon Maugham is somewhat of a snake oil salesman who endlessly seems to lose court cases but has developed a rather cult-like status on twatter due to his anti Brexit feelings. (Jolyon being a classic anti-brexit name btw). He also killed a fox in a garden with a bat whilst wearing a kimono.
    Sorry I can't add to your post as I maybe lapping you up its all part of the cancel populism movement , very sad you cant debate oens views without being attacked , hey ho .

You can tell lots of other CCMB posters don't want to be part of this cancelling of views or throw away cheap insults , as they stay well away from the Politics board , if you post on the main board a political view you do get a better behaviours and broader views speaks
    volumes really .

Sorry for the "lapping up" god how churlish does that sound lol

Sorry I can't add to your post as I maybe lapping you up its all part of the cancel populism movement , very sad you cant debate oens views without being attacked , hey ho .

You can tell lots of other CCMB posters don't want to be part of this cancelling of views or throw away cheap insults , as they stay well away from the Politics board , if you post on the main board a political view you do get a better behaviours and broader views speaks
    volumes really .

Sorry for the "lapping up" god how churlish does that sound lol
    Slurp, slurp 🥛

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Slurp, slurp ��
    I wish I had a large enough cranium to compete with he greats of the political board .

I just lap at shores of those of a higher intellect , I could only dream of keeping up with the the barren heights of cleverness that some attain too , I can though at times slip into the green valleys of silliness .

I wish I had a large enough cranium to compete with he greats of the political board .

I just lap at shores of those of a higher intellect , I could only dream of keeping up with the the barren heights of cleverness that some attain too , I can though at times slip into the green valleys of silliness .
    You'd be missed if you left us 👍

You drink sea water?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He may have felt a slight "rush of wind' now you mention it.
    I know someone who sailed on the second Windrush boat to the UK (her ) the experiences aboard that ship delivered upon this young girl was dreadful .

She sadly tells of a number of them being serious wanted felons who never going to identify themselves by applying for a PASSPORT IN THE UK , and abused the Windrush opportunity for their own ends to escape prison in thier homeland .

Of course the majority were lovely people seeking a new life and embraced and enriched our society , I loved my time living and working in the Docks with them

Its always the minority that spoil spoil it for the majority ..

I know someone who sailed on the second Windrush boat to the UK (her ) the experiences aboard that ship delivered upon this young girl was dreadful .

She sadly tells of a number of them being serious wanted felons who never going to identify themselves by applying for a PASSPORT IN THE UK , and abused the Windrush opportunity for their own ends to escape prison in thier homeland .

Of course the majority were lovely people seeking a new life and embraced and enriched our society , I loved my time living and working in the Docks with them

Its always the minority that spoil spoil it for the majority ..
    Talking about minorities, what did the lady and "them" that you worked in the Docks with think of your observation that in some cities naturally born uk people are a minority?

I've been stripped of my European Citizenship. I'm pretty angry about that and always will be.
    I also think it's worth remembering that we're subjects of the Queen and not citizens. Nothing screams democracy like a monarchy.