+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused

Confused

Was that a point gained or two points lost?

Re: Confused

I’ll go a point gained but an opportunity lost.

Gained for me. If West Brom had turned up today it would have been a heavy defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Gained for me. If West Brom had turned up today it would have been a heavy defeat.
    If my mother had wheels she'd be a bike

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You’ve got to leave your brain to science mate
    They’d have a field day 😂.

An away point at a team pushing for promotion. Every point counts at the bottom.

I’m happy with the point.

Two lost.

On balance of play a point is more than fair, but on the key incidents we were robbed.

Their goal offside.

Their 'penalty appeal' was for a blatant dive - although surprised it wasn't given.

Not sure about the reds for 'foul and abusive language' for Johnstone and Flint. I haven't watched it back but my impression was that they had each other by the throat in the middle of that handbags session. Red cards were right, but the reason.....?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Was that a point gained or two points lost?
    I'd say point gained

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No she would be an odd looking women

A point away at West Prom is a good result. I honestly thought they were going to give us a hiding, so I'm pleased with the outcome. Sure, a win would have been better, but we'd all have taken a point before the kick-off.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Two lost.

On balance of play a point is more than fair, but on the key incidents we were robbed.

Their goal offside.

Their 'penalty appeal' was for a blatant dive - although surprised it wasn't given.

Not sure about the reds for 'foul and abusive language' for Johnstone and Flint. I haven't watched it back but my impression was that they had each other by the throat in the middle of that handbags session. Red cards were right, but the reason.....?
    If it’s for the reasons given it’s only a 1 match ban so let’s hope it’s not for violent conduct. What do you have to say to each other to get sent off for that? Call each other the “C” word

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    A point away at West Prom is a good result. I honestly thought they were going to give us a hiding, so I'm pleased with the outcome. Sure, a win would have been better, but we'd all have taken a point before the kick-off.
    Excellent point and quite a few positives to

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    An away point at a team pushing for promotion. Every point counts at the bottom.

I’m happy with the point.
    This^^^

Also it was against 11 men with the opposition having had two sent off!

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    If it’s for the reasons given it’s only a 1 match ban so let’s hope it’s not for violent conduct. What do you have to say to each other to get sent off for that? Call each other the “C” word
    I have had another look at the clip of the melee on SSN and Johnstone definitely has his hands around Flint's throat, but I can't see what Flint did other than be tall, intimidating and in his face. Maybe they did call each other something rude?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Having viewed the game just once on the Sky red button (so no replays), I'd say there were three key incidents, two of which went in City's favour - the equaliser, which certainly appeared to be offside, the sending off, which appeared soft, and the penalty incident at the end, which I'm sure would have been given had it occurred in the first half or earlier in the second.

As I say, I haven't seen any replays yet, but I don't think City were robbed today. The team managed one effort on target. West Brom looked no more than an average Championship (but it's a weak division this time around). A draw was about right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Having viewed the game just once on the Sky red button (so no replays), I'd say there were three key incidents, two of which went in City's favour - the equaliser, which certainly appeared to be offside, the sending off, which appeared soft, and the penalty incident at the end, which I'm sure would have been given had it occurred in the first half or earlier in the second.

As I say, I haven't seen any replays yet, but I don't think City were robbed today. The team managed one effort on target. West Brom looked no more than an average Championship (but it's a weak division this time around). A draw was about right.
    I have to agree with all of that

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    So absolutely nothing to do with the way City played then ?

Defo a second yellow Mowatt, although helped by shithousary from Vaulks.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I thought we played well today

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I have to agree with all of that
    Same, although i didn't get a good view of the challenge that led to the sending off. It looked quite bad. If vaulks wound him up enough for him to dive in like that on the touchline when the ball is going nowhere, then good work Vaulks.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that both teams performance was pretty poor. Decent battling performance from City.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Same, although i didn't get a good view of the challenge that led to the sending off. It looked quite. If vaulks wound him up enough for him to dive in like that on the touchline when the ball is going nowhere, then good work Vaulks.
    First time i saw it i thought maybe a yellow and having seen it again i'd still say no more than a yellow

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You’ve got to leave your brain to science mate
    They’d have a field day 😂.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I'll go along with this.