+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confused

Re: Confused

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Quite correct though.
    Indeed. And from the free kick that wasn't awarded for offside until the end of the game, literally anything could have happened. City could have held on to win, West Brom could have equalised later on, or the Baggies could have gone on to win. Who knows?

What we do know is that West Brom were awarded a goal that shouldn't have stood and City got away with one in injury time.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Exactly, there's this weird false equivalence going on as if a goal being wrongly awarded and a penalty being awarded are the same. Had the ref/linesman done his job properly and not allowed their goal then the penalty incident wouldn't have happened.
    We could've lost 6-1 or won 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Indeed. And from the free kick that wasn't awarded for offside until the end of the game, literally anything could have happened. City could have held on to win, West Brom could have equalised later on, or the Baggies could have gone on to win. Who knows?

What we do know is that West Brom were awarded a goal that shouldn't have stood and City got away with one in injury time.
    All due to the officials’ ineptitude.

Maybe he didn't give it do balance out the offside goal..

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Quite Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Maybe he didn't give it do balance out the offside goal..
    I reckon that you could be on to something...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I know

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Do refs really think like that? Would it matter one iota to that ref yesterday if he had given a penalty? What would have happened? Morison would have complained, we would all be up in arms and the press would report it was a controversial ending at West Brom where the hosts continued their search for promotion.