No she would be an odd looking women
    There's only one of her.

Re: Confused

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    There's only one of her.
    My spelling is shit

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So absolutely nothing to do with the way City played then ?
    We were only soso until the red card and then improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Same, although i didn't get a good view of the challenge that led to the sending off. It looked quite bad. If vaulks wound him up enough for him to dive in like that on the touchline when the ball is going nowhere, then good work Vaulks.
    He's definitely had a bit more of an edge to him recently. I quite like that. He was doing the same against Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    My spelling is shit
    FWIW it doesn't mean shit, but I couldn't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    FWIW it doesn't mean shit, but I couldn't help myself
    Left myself open for the reply.

Here's the red, I think you'd be lucky to get away with anything less than a red for that now

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He's definitely had a bit more of an edge to him recently. I quite like that. He was doing the same against Bournemouth.
    He has a tendency to wind opposing players up and he does take a bit of punishment along the way for it. I would trade all of that though for a nice crisp defence splitting pass once a game

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Here's the red, I think you'd be lucky to get away with anything less than a red for that now
    Yeah, it's naughty, although vaulks goes in to do him as well

He has a tendency to wind opposing players up and he does take a bit of punishment along the way for it. I would trade all of that though for a nice crisp defence splitting pass once a game
    The only drawback being he often winds himself up in the process of winding other players up!

The only drawback being he often winds himself up in the process of winding other players up!

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Having viewed the game just once on the Sky red button (so no replays), I'd say there were three key incidents, two of which went in City's favour - the equaliser, which certainly appeared to be offside, the sending off, which appeared soft, and the penalty incident at the end, which I'm sure would have been given had it occurred in the first half or earlier in the second.

As I say, I haven't seen any replays yet, but I don't think City were robbed today. The team managed one effort on target. West Brom looked no more than an average Championship (but it's a weak division this time around). A draw was about right.
    ‘No more than average’? 🤦*♂️

They weren’t as good as Bournemouth but they are much better than most of the bang average teams in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ‘No more than average’? 🤦*♂️
    I'm not sure what your pretty little pictures are supposed to signify, but West Brom looked no more than an average Championship side to me.

Their last ten results are as follows:

1-0 v Hull (H)
    1-1 v Middlesbrough (H)
    0-1 v Huddersfield (A)
    0-0 v Blackpool (A)
    0-0 v Nottingham Forest (H)
    2-1 v Coventry (A)
    1-0 v Reading (H)
    0-0 v Barnsley (A)
    0-1 v Derby (A)
    1-1 v Cardiff (H)

In their last four games, West Brom have managed to score a grand total of two goals against four of the bottom five teams in the division, and one of those was offside. They're far from great.

Having viewed the game just once on the Sky red button (so no replays), I'd say there were three key incidents, two of which went in City's favour - the equaliser, which certainly appeared to be offside, the sending off, which appeared soft, and the penalty incident at the end, which I'm sure would have been given had it occurred in the first half or earlier in the second.
    I've just watched the highlights and would say the West Brom goal was definitely offside, the sending off was justified in today's climate and the 'penalty', although soft, would have been given nine times out of ten.

A draw was just about the right result in a poor-quality game.

I've just watched the highlights and would say the West Brom goal was definitely offside, the sending off was justified in today's climate and the 'penalty', although soft, would have been given nine times out of ten.

A draw was just about the right result in a poor-quality game.
    You've got it spot on. Imagine the reaction if the penalty had been awarded, Pack would have been slaughtered, particularly so soon after Bacuna's debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You've got it spot on. Imagine the reaction if the penalty had been awarded, Pack would have been slaughtered, particularly so soon after Bacuna's debacle.
    Townsend (and Ishmael) may have expected a penalty. He didn't deserve one. But he certainly deserved an Oscar!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Townsend (and Ishmael) may have expected a penalty. He didn't deserve one. But he certainly deserved an Oscar!
    What do you think Packs reasoning was for putting his hands on the WBA players shoulders while he was on the turn-Massage?

I s’pose they’ve every right to complain about the penalty incident but had their goal been correctly chalked off the game would have taken a different course. It would have been restarted with a free kick to us rather than a centre spot kick off. All ifs, ands and buts but the wrong decision re. their goal changed the whole format and subsequent scenarios. If the officials had done their job the penalty incident, as it was, wouldn’t have occurred.

What do you think Packs reasoning was for putting his hands on the WBA players shoulders while he was on the turn-Massage?
    I doubt reasoning came into it. It was a stupid thing to do. In most cases the ref would have given a penalty. But Pack didn't foul him, didn't make him fall over, and the double somersault with pike surely deserved some sort of award?

The post-match ref assessment report will be X rated!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I s’pose they’ve every right to complain about the penalty incident but had their goal been correctly chalked off the game would have taken a different course. It would have been restarted with a free kick to us rather than a centre spot kick off. All ifs, ands and buts but the wrong decision re. their goal changed the whole format and subsequent scenarios. If the officials had done their job the penalty incident, as it was, wouldn’t have occurred.
    Exactly, there's this weird false equivalence going on as if a goal being wrongly awarded and a penalty being awarded are the same. Had the ref/linesman done his job properly and not allowed their goal then the penalty incident wouldn't have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I doubt reasoning came into it. It was a stupid thing to do. In most cases the ref would have given a penalty. But Pack didn't foul him, didn't make him fall over, and the double somersault with pike surely deserved some sort of award?

The post-match ref assessment report will be X rated!
    Impeded him i would say, although it depends on how much that Impediment caused the WBA player a problem in staying on his feet, not much i would've thought although pack putting his hands on him certainly wouldn't have helped his cause. I reckon that Pack was a lucky boy and the ref didn't fancy it. I'm grateful

Exactly, there's this weird false equivalence going on as if a goal being wrongly awarded and a penalty being awarded are the same. Had the ref/linesman done his job properly and not allowed their goal then the penalty incident wouldn't have happened.
    Wow, that's quite deep

Wow, that's quite deep

Quite correct though.