+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Izaak Davies

Izaak Davies

I have liked the look of Davies from what I have seen so far but today he was well off the pace when he came on.

Now I know that getting into a game as a sub can be difficult but I really hope that his below par performance today (against 10 men as well) wasn’t a result of the stupid comments made about him by Morison after the last game.
    Last edited by Bobby Dandruff; 02-01-22 at 19:00. Reason: Spelling

Re: Izaak Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I have liked the look of Davies from what I have seen so far but today he was well off the pace when he came on.

Now I know that getting into a game as a sub can be difficult but I really hope that his below par performance today (against 10 men as well) wasn’t a result of the stupid comments made about him by Morison after the last game.
    I didn't notice him too much in all honestly, although he did mis time two runs when he was in a very healthy position. The positive i suppose is that he was bright enough to put himself in the positions. Both him and Colwill have plenty to learn at this level in my opinion, it isn't easy for them, but if they are going to go on to be good players then they will at some point have to show more. That's not being critical, it's just a fact.

A bit harsh. He came on with five minutes to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    A bit harsh. He came on with five minutes to go.
    That's a fair point.

They were both brought on too late, especially Davies

There was also very little structure to the game, that wouldn't have helped

he was unlucky to get penalised for fouling one of their centre backs when he went clean through, and then he was out muscled a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They were both brought on too late, especially Davies

There was also very little structure to the game, that wouldn't have helped
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he was unlucky to get penalised for fouling one of their centre backs when he went clean through, and then he was out muscled a couple of times.
    This too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

There was a moment where their keeper completely miskicked it and I think had he been paying attention he could’ve just nicked it and tapped it in.

There was another move where it flashed across goal and I felt at the time he should’ve been on the end of it.

Morison was absolutely laying into him at one stage for not chasing or something. Never seen him shout like that at anyone else. Feels odd

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    There was a moment where their keeper completely miskicked it and I think had he been paying attention he could’ve just nicked it and tapped it in.

There was another move where it flashed across goal and I felt at the time he should’ve been on the end of it.

Morison was absolutely laying into him at one stage for not chasing or something. Never seen him shout like that at anyone else. Feels odd
    Interesting. Thought Davies looked slow today and a bit off. I hope there's no psychological damage. Some players need a different approach. I hope Morison knows what's best.

Yeah the game was very open at this point and he was very involved. But a frustrating presence when we could have won it at the death.

At both of those incidents I was thinking why are you all just standing around looking at the ball. You need to react quickly to what is happening. I guess Davies was nearest and should hve moved first, but no one else did anything.

He only had a few minutes to play i can't see the problem he didn't anything wrong and even if he did he's a young player slowly learning his trade..

The front runners didn’t do enough near the end. Poor decision making and not enough anticipation. We should’ve picked them off with 10 men.

It didn’t seem to fall for him, he looked nervous

There's a lot to like but he's really, really lightweight. Centre halves just brush him aside. I think he's got to play wide at the minute while he's finding his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    There's a lot to like but he's really, really lightweight. Centre halves just brush him aside. I think he's got to play wide at the minute while he's finding his feet.
    Totally agree

Not long got back from the game.

I'm a huge fan of Davies and he seems to
    have that rare X Factor that we're missing, but today he seemed non-committed in his brief cameo.

As mentioned above there were two clear
    chances where he could really caused a
    problem if he was more alert.

At Bournemouth I didnt notice him being any worse than anyone else, but today he really frustrated me in his short appearance. I may be wrong but think Morison was going bananas at him for something on the sidelines too.

Hopefully it’s not caused by Morison digging him out publicly, and he can get back on track - with the right mentality and coaching he could be a huge player for us.

I think Davies has done enough good so far for a tough 5 minute cameo to not matter.

^This. I was screaming at him both times. He wasn't concentrating at all. Especially when the keeper slipped/miskicked. But i really like him.
    Spedger
    Last edited by Sloop_Jon_Bee; 02-01-22 at 21:11. Reason: add on

Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post
    Not long got back from the game.

I'm a huge fan of Davies and he seems to
    have that rare X Factor that we're missing, but today he seemed non-committed in his brief cameo.

As mentioned above there were two clear
    chances where he could really caused a
    problem if he was more alert.

At Bournemouth I didnt notice him being any worse than anyone else, but today he really frustrated me in his short appearance. I may be wrong but think Morison was going bananas at him for something on the sidelines too.

Hopefully it’s not caused by Morison digging him out publicly, and he can get back on track - with the right mentality and coaching he could be a huge player for us.
    Agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    ^This. I was screaming at him both times. He wasn't concentrating at all. Especially when the keeper slipped/miskicked. But i really like him.
    Spedger
    Nervous after Morisons comments.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Nervous after Morisons comments.
    I think Morison is harder on him because he knows he had more to give

Or I'm just guilty of wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think Morison is harder on him because he knows he had more to give

Or I'm just guilty of wishful thinking
    Maybe that, or maybe their relationship is different due to Morison bringing him through the u23s and all that. Morison was an absolute arse in punishing Davies publicly, but in my opinion there is nothing wrong with putting a little pressure on young player, as long as their is some balance involved. They are in a position to play first team football because they are good enough. They have to take these opportunities and show why they have been picked to play. They are going to make mistakes and show a lack of experience but they must improve and learn quickly if they are going to have good careers in the game. As fans, we sometimes treat them like they were our own children, we can be defensive, but the reality is that they have this golden chance that they've been building towards since they were 8 years old and they have to show improvement very quickly or they'll be out. It's hard and cruel unfortunately.

I did think on the three occasions he received the ball he had a WBA defender in close attendance and did not have much of a chance to do anything though he was quite easily brushed off the ball. Would be interesting to see him in a wider position getting the ball in a bit of space. Think the jury is still out on him.