+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Izaak Davies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Izaak Davies

Also if we're looking at Morison's man management of youngsters, didn't he start Zimba, haul him off at half time then boot him back to the U23's for the next game and every game since?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Also if we're looking at Morison's man management of youngsters, didn't he start Zimba, haul him off at half time then boot him back to the U23's for the next game and every game since?
    He did. I support Morison but some of his comments and actions have been questionable recently. Bit surprised at how well Harris was sent back to us by Wrexham as presumably they though he wasn’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    And said he wasn’t good enough, lost the ball every time he had it.etc, etc

Why he needs to share this with the media I don’t know. By all means go through it with the young players, where they went wrong, what they can do better.etc it’s all part of their development but I really can’t understand why he needs to stamp his authority on them in public too. Not least because he doesn’t do it with the senior players.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And said he wasn’t good enough, lost the ball every time he had it.etc, etc

Why he needs to share this with the media I don’t know. By all means go through it with the young players, where they went wrong, what they can do better.etc it’s all part of their development but I really can’t understand why he needs to stamp his authority on them in public too. Not least because he doesn’t do it with the senior players.
    He DID start him though, I seem to recall that afterwards he said that with Moore out players such as Collins or Harris were probably expecting to start, but he put Zimba in because he thought he was the best one to play the way he wanted to play.
    It wasn't really working by half time though and we needed to change the game.

From memory Zimba did struggle to get into the game, he also talked about sitting down and going through every minute of the game with him personally afterwards and im sure something along the lines of needing to get the basics right was also mentioned.

Perhaps on a personal level he's a lot more encouraging and supportive towards the youngsters.

It is very unusual, almost jarring, to hear a manager so brutally honest to the media - perhaps Mourihnio when he starts losing the plot, hopefully it doesn't mean he starts to lose the dressing room or hold back the youngsters.
    The things he's said probably aren't far wrong though.