+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ismael: Cardiff didn't come to play football

Ismael: Cardiff didn't come to play football

From WOL

"West Brom boss Valerien Ismael claimed Cardiff didn't come to The Hawthorns to play football, but only to "frustrate" and "waste time".

The pressure is mounting on the Baggies boss and that was telling when he made a beeline for the referee following the final whistle.

And the disgruntled manager turned his anger towards the visitors in his post-match press conference, taking aim at their style of play.

"The first half was difficult because Cardiff didn't want to play any football," Ismael said after the match.

"They just come here [to] waste time, create frustration and the referee's performance helped them waste time.

"For example, it was only one minute additional time in the first half, why?

"You have to stay calm. Second half we needed to move the ball quickly and get the ball over the centre back, because they are always free. We scored like that.

"After that we were on top. But the red card changed the game again. Down to 10, we played well and created chances. At the end we needed the penalty to win in the last second.

"It was another difficult afternoon for us to accept the result, but we have to move on."

He added: "If you want to see a good game you need to have two teams who want to play football and are here to win games.

"One team is here just to waste time, they don't want to play football and want to create frustration. Their first shot on target, they score the goal.""

That's the biggest load of bo****ks I have read in a long time.

Re: Ismael: Cardiff didn't come to play football

Excuses, Excuses. He's obviously feeling the pressure. What has our performance got to do with him? Concentrate on your own shit, Ismael.

we;re hardly a threat to Barcelona but that's poor form from there manager

Yeah. That's a load of bollox from a manager who's feeling the heat.

Charged on giving the big un then scurried off down the tunnel.
    He's a shithouse that is feeling the heat so is using the oldest distraction in the book "Blame the other team "
    Warnock was a master at it

The shithousing Bluebirds are back, lovely stuff

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The shithousing Bluebirds are back, lovely stuff
    We used to get this kind of comment most weeks under Warnock. It was quite accurate although i did get a warped sense of satisfaction at some cool looking young coach in a pair of white pumps getting all pissy because the old **** had pissed all over his tactics board.

you can't fault a bit of a scrap at the end of the game, it shows the players care

shame we can't have a bonus point for who wins the fight at the end of the game

‘You have to stay calm’.....yeah right, I take it he didn’t join in with the ole, ole chants when WBA couldn’t get the ball off us either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We used to get this kind of comment most weeks under Warnock. It was quite accurate although i did get a warped sense of satisfaction at some cool looking young coach in a pair of white pumps getting all pissy because the old **** had pissed all over his tactics board.
    I remember a particularly funny article written by an ex-Forest player complaining about us when we beat them 2-0 away under Warnock

I noticed Morison has swapped his shiny, box fresh white trainers for some more regulation black ones, great to see a young manager learning on the job

Just reading a West Brom forum and the praise for us is quite pleasing to read. They seem to have their manager down as a dead man walking.

I remember a particularly funny article written by an ex-Forest player complaining about us when we beat them 2-0 away under Warnock

I noticed Morison has swapped his shiny, box fresh white trainers for some more regulation black ones, great to see a young manager learning on the job
    You've got to be Russell Martin cool in order to don the 'White Pumps'

Great article in the Nottingham Post, saying would you rather Warburton or Warnock, and then a lot of rambling why we were really going nowhere and Warburton was building long term success . Paul Taylor was the journo, it was an incredible piece considering we'd just absolutely wiped the floor with them.

Awwwww boo boo. Cry baby

And we came to fight old Ismael

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You've got to be Russell Martin cool in order to don the 'White Pumps'
    Daps

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Daps
    If they're white then they are Posh Daps.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Awwwww boo boo. Cry baby
    Sour grapes NQAT

He's the bloke who started the trouble at the end of the match and needs to be sanctioned by the football authorities. His views are ridiculous; he's under pressure and lost his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He's the bloke who started the trouble at the end of the match and needs to be sanctioned by the football authorities. His views are ridiculous; he's under pressure and lost his head.
    I think that sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think that sums it up.
    Agree: Vindec sums it up succinctly for me. Ismael has been expecting automatic this season but now that prospect seems to be slipping away and he feels like taking it out on anyone and anything in near reach.

Feck him the one eyed gimp.
    Nowhere has he mentioned the 2 yard offside goal they had to draw them level.
    That was a far worse decision than the penalty not being awarded.