+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Wolves recall Ryan Giles

UPDATED: Wolves recall Ryan Giles

Telegraph saying Wolves might recall Giles

Oh good.

Let's hope Wolves find a few quid and can strengthen.

Re: Telegraph saying Wolves might recall Giles

That'll be us down then

It was a good run while it lasted

Huge player for us, gave us width today and always the outlet for smithies.

If anything we need someone like him on the right.

He's such a big player for us, always gives us an outlet and makes others play too.

Let's pray they can do without him.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That'll be us down then

It was a good run while it lasted
    On the bright side, chances for Bagan and Davies. Two of our own

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm not so sure that's a great idea. Bagan seemed to go backwards this season. Playing in a crap team is not necessarily brilliant for your development, especially replacing one of our most important players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'm not so sure that's a great idea. Bagan seemed to go backwards this season. Playing in a crap team is not necessarily brilliant for your development, especially replacing one of our most important players.
    I wouldn't say he seemed to go backwards. He's not as much of an attacking threat as Giles but I can't really remember him being exposed. And he's been playing well for the U23s.

Everyone said a the start of the season that we have to be patient with the younger players and they will have good games and poor games, but as soon as they are slightly off the boil everyone forgets that in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wouldn't say he seemed to go backwards. He's not as much of an attacking threat as Giles but I can't really remember him being exposed. And he's been playing well for the U23s.

Everyone said a the start of the season that we have to be patient with the younger players and they will have good games and poor games, but as soon as they are slightly off the boil everyone forgets that in a heartbeat
    I agree, I'd definitely like to see Bagan given another chance; preferably at the expense of Nelson. I'm not keen on three centrebacks in the same team.

Bagan certainly went backward at the start of the season (and end of last?). But his call up to the Ireland u21s was a boost and some of his performances for the u23s before Christmas - especially his link up play with Chanka Zimba - were very good. I may be wrong, but from memory Bagan is less of a crosser (where Giles excels) and more of a direct runner and threat in the box. Giles is clearly a better player now based on his stats compared to Bagan's in the first team, but I think Bagan will come back stronger if/when he gets the chance. Even if Giles stays the full season he is likely to be back with Wolves in the summer and we need to develop or acquire two reliable LB/LWB options. I hope Bagan is one of them.

He is an important player, Giles, but he's not one of ours

We won't have him next season and will have to make do with what WE have. If he goes back, so be it, a chance for someone else to step up. Let's not write them off before they try...

The problem is Giles was the only player with any quality on the pitch yesterday and no one else looked like creating anything.

I’m all for getting younger players we own in the team but at the expense of the only player with any real quality would be madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The problem is Giles was the only player with any quality on the pitch yesterday and no one else looked like creating anything.

I’m all for getting younger players we own in the team but at the expense of the only player with any real quality would be madness.
    That was clearly a tactical choice - we went for a solid midfield three in this match and against Bournemouth, and we attacked their left side where they had a youngster up against Giles.
    I would expect someone like colwill to start against Preston for example.

It's not at the expense.

It's if he goes.

Giles gone back to Wolves.

He’s gone.

he could still come back here on loan

Sanderson also recalled from Birmingham.

it is possible they'll have a look at them during the cup game and then loan them back out again

Sensible decision given the Covid situation. Doubt he’ll play for them but if they start losing players he may be needed to fill the bench.

Bagan it is then.

Feck.

Yesterday he seemed to be the only one capable of carrying the ball.

Could this see a change in formation away from the 5 at the back?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Could this see a change in formation away from the 5 at the back?
    442 against Blackburn with Murphy and Whyte on the wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

But Bagan wasn't having good games and bad games. He was playing consistently poorly when he was in the team at the start of the season.