+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Glamorgan players in Australian team today.

Two Glamorgan players in Australian team today.

Aussie captain Pat Cummings has been ruled out of the second test because a close contact has tested positive for Covid, so Glamorgan’s Michael Neser comes in for a debut. England have brought in Stuart Broad for Jack Leach and he took the only pre lunch wicket as Australia crawled to 45-1.

Re: Two Glamorgan players in Australian team today.

2,000 test runs for Marnus in (I think) twenty tests. Great effort.

Australia 129-1 at tea. I read a piece from Jon Agnew yesterday where he said the pitch was very dry and he thought Leach should play - looking at how much Joe Root is turning it, Agnew was right and England have picked the wrong side, again. Not a great fan of Chris Silverwood as coach at the moment - the test team has definitely gone backwards since he came in.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Australia 129-1 at tea. I read a piece from Jon Agnew yesterday where he said the pitch was very dry and he thought Leach should play - looking at how much Joe Root is turning it, Agnew was right and England have picked the wrong side, again. Not a great fan of Chris Silverwood as coach at the moment - the test team has definitely gone backwards since he came in.
    I don't think Silverwood did himself any favours when he said that he would rotate his selections, particularly with the bowlers, in the run up to this series. Makes me wonder if Root doesn't have that much say in the selection process any more which can't help. Injuries haven't helped, and neither has the quality of our batting recently either, and I still have doubts whether Stokes is bring used correctly.

This looks like a whitewash series to me.

Loads of things against the side but they dont help themselves with selection and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This looks like a whitewash series to me.

Loads of things against the side but they dont help themselves with selection and tactics.
    I’d add catching to that as well, Buttler took a great catch early on then dropped two that were sitters by comparison.

Talking of Glamorgan...I was just chatting with a Pakistani Gentleman, whose favourite cricketer was Majid Khan.
    I wasn't familiar with him until I looked up his record.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Talking of Glamorgan...I was just chatting with a Pakistani Gentleman, whose favourite cricketer was Majid Khan.
    I wasn't familiar with him until I looked up his record.
    Majid was simply class.

I’d add catching to that as well, Buttler took a great catch early on then dropped two that were sitters by comparison.
    Foulkes is the best keeper by a mile. Think hes still injured but I doubt theyd have picked him anyway.

Foulkes is the best keeper by a mile. Think hes still injured but I doubt theyd have picked him anyway.
    Agreed, the days when England picked the best wicketkeeper are long gone.

Just read Foakes is fully fit.

Averages over 38 in First Class cricket more tha Buttler and has 1 Test Century himself and 11 others in FC.

The selectors were concerned about his ability against short pitched bowling.

Clueless!!!

They just seem desperate to get Buttler in. As good as limited over cricketer you will get but I think its time to hang up those gloves for good in Test Cricket. After this display he needs to get a century.

Foakes is most definitely fit and on the young Lions tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Foakes is most definitely fit and on the young Lions tour.
    Staggering. They just dont learn. How many runs does they have to give to dropped catches to see theyve got it so badly wrong.

I could understand it if Foakes averaged about 10 and was a useless bat but thats not the case.

Selectors management and the captain are to blame.

When you don't have a genuine all-rounder in the team then you end up picking players who can do a bit of two elements pretty well, but none of them exceptionally well.
    Ever since Jack Russell hung up his gloves, England have preferred to pick keepers on their batting ability and not their glove work.

Aussie captain Pat Cummings has been ruled out of the second test because a close contact has tested positive for Covid, so Glamorgan’s Michael Neser comes in for a debut. England have brought in Stuart Broad for Jack Leach and he took the only pre lunch wicket as Australia crawled to 45-1.
    How come Wales hasn't got it's own team?

Michael Neser is having a pretty good debut so far.

Innings defeat coming up.

They really are poor.

Im so glad I didnt get BT Sport for this.

Apparently theres Australian commentary as well. Couldnt stand watching this with gloating convicts.

England need to replace Silverwood and his team.

Huge slump after a decent fightback from Malan and Root.

Poor application and team selection again. With Nathan Lyon getting the lion's (sorry!) share of the bowling, Jack Leach's exclusion has exposed Silverwood.

9 wickets down still 250 behind and more misery on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Innings defeat coming up.
    Australia have declined to make England follow on just to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Australia have declined to make England follow on just to prove me wrong.
    Labuschagne and Neser obviously read your post during the break and had a quiet word with Steve Smith.

Just read Foakes is fully fit.

Averages over 38 in First Class cricket more tha Buttler and has 1 Test Century himself and 11 others in FC.

The selectors were concerned about his ability against short pitched bowling.

Clueless!!!

They just seem desperate to get Buttler in. As good as limited over cricketer you will get but I think its time to hang up those gloves for good in Test Cricket. After this display he needs to get a century.
    Foakes isn't very good at batting either. He's been on a pretty lean run of form in CC too. I think his last full season he was averaging in the 20s, and he bats every other game at the Oval. They'll be hoping Bracey is the answer, at the minute he's the only player to get a ton this tour . He's not a keeper though, but I think the Lions have gone home so they'll have to make do with what they've got.

Also Neser and Marnus are South African born, so I'm claiming their runs and wickets as ours. It's the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Labuschagne and Neser obviously read your post during the break and had a quiet word with Steve Smith.

Not much doubt in Aussie batting again IMHO.
    Firstly, no need to put pressure on your bowlers should the slim chance occur of England building a score.
    Secondly, give their batsmen every opportunity to score runs for the remaining tests while at the same time heap more misery on Root and his tired attack.
    Thirdly, try and prolong the game as much as possible for the sake of the paying crowd, the bar franchises to make some money and overseas viewers to enjoy.

Apart from Root having some joy in his last few overs before the close, the run out of Warner looked the only way England looked like taking a wicket.
    At least the barmy army :rollseyes: seemed to be enjoying themselves, hope they have enough alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    😁
    They could be regulars on here, disguising their identities.
    Who could they be?