Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
Yeah, I think for me it's the alledged cost, although the public sector frequently gets ripped off on things like this and you can imagine parliament is the pinnacle of that as providers know the extent of expenses etc.

His defence is thus: https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...olish-lessons/

What stood out for me is this, and I see his point on this, as I dont think people do care about the reality, they just want a headline to make people angry

Hitting out at some newspapers for their coverage of the matter, the MP said: "Despite my commitment to building more effective international links with Poland and working to improve my Polish language skills to facilitate this, biased and out-of-context reports have been written.

"While the media provides an invaluable service in exposing and reporting wrongdoing, apparent predisposition by several journalists to consistently belittle and condemn politicians as a default mode in attempts to grab sensational and inaccurate headlines is frustrating, regrettable and a public disservice."

There is no suggestion that Mr Kawczynski has broken any rules in taking the lessons, with the Commons offering "training in accordance with their parliamentary duties".
To support your point on the cost. This from the BBC

The lessons have now stopped, he said, adding he has asked the House of Commons to find cheaper tuition.

That said, when he is not bullying Common's clerks when pissed he is the Prime Minister's envoy to Mongolia so one can only wonder what the cost will be to bring his language skills there up to the level necessary for diplomatic discourse.