+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff v Leicester 2010 play off semi final on Sky now

Cardiff v Leicester 2010 play off semi final on Sky now

Into the second half of extra time

Re: Cardiff v Leicester 2010 play off semi final on Sky now

Watching now ....Great atmosphere and i still think we had a team that should have won the play offs that season. That Bothroyd injury hurt us badly in final

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Watching now ....Great atmosphere and i still think we had a team that should have won the play offs that season. That Bothroyd injury hurt us badly in final
    As soon as he went off I knew we'd lose

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    As soon as he went off I knew we'd lose
    It was one horrible moment wasnt it.

If only McCormack was 6 inches taller and he would have fit the big man little man front 2.

And the substitute

Bothroyd was so important to the way we played and Etuhu couldn't play the position as he was more of a wide player. I remember sitting on the coach after the game thoroughly miserable watching Blackpool "fans" stroll past as if nothing had happened.....if we had won we would have been still in the ground celebrating

Boothroyd was so important to the way we played and Etuhu couldn't play the position as he was more of a wide player. I remember sitting on the coach after the game thoroughly miserable watching Blackpool "fans" stroll past as if nothing had happened.....if we had won we would have been still in the ground celebrating
    Half the Blackpool fans weren't Blackpool fans.

There was lots of chat in the pubs before the match of assorted Lancastrians who had got hold of Wembley tickets and an orange scarf and were just at Wembley for a day out. I was with a few die-hard Blackpool hours before and they were saying the club couldn't sell its allocation to genuine fans - they were calling out the imposters!

Maybe not half - but a lot.

There are always hangers on who will associate themselves with any club

This was when Chopra was aggressively assaulted in the box, Pack-like, for the penalty.

The soft centre. No manager's football since was as good. But Malky made us hard to beat. I think we all agree that Jones' team was the best we had in the last 50 years. Hard to believe they didn't make it. We would have survived too. Still hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The soft centre. No manager's football since was as good. But Malky made us hard to beat. I think we all agree that Jones' team was the best we had in the last 50 years. Hard to believe they didn't make it. We would have survived too. Still hurts.
    Yes, I agree with all of that. I have even wondered if the r-word would have happened if we had gone up and established ourselves.

As much of a shithole that it was, Ninian Park could well have been a trump card in our survival chances pre CCS. Could have been our horrible Plough Lane helping us consolidate before moving over the road.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    As much of a shithole that it was, Ninian Park could well have been a trump card in our survival chances pre CCS. Could have been our horrible Plough Lane helping us consolidate before moving over the road.
    Make the Grange End the Grange End. Extend it back keeping a single tier. Keep all the corners. Put away fans in the Canton. Put families in Tan's Folly. On the cheap. Sorted.

Why not call it Ninian Park too?

Make the Grange End the Grange End. Extend it back keeping a single tier. Keep all the corners. Put away fans in the Canton. Put families in Tan's Folly. On the cheap. Sorted.

I’d prefer the away fans stay where they are with our vocal support moving next to them on the Grange End, with a walkway around the ground to allow our fans access. On us getting promoted while at the shithole, I was thinking more about some of the precious superstars putting up with the less than salubrious surroundings backstage.

Oh, that's right we have a racist, imperialist (irony alerrt) owner. So as well as not being represented on the union flag, another country is represented on our club crest. And our "billionaire" is supposedly skint.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Half the Blackpool fans weren't Blackpool fans.

There was lots of chat in the pubs before the match of assorted Lancastrians who had got hold of Wembley tickets and an orange scarf and were just at Wembley for a day out. I was with a few die-hard Blackpool hours before and they were saying the club couldn't sell its allocation to genuine fans - they were calling out the imposters!

Maybe not half - but a lot.
    IIRC Blackpool had so few "real fans" they were allowing FOUR tickets per ST holder.

As for the Leicester semi - Great atmosphere but I can't watch it because of the heartbreak that followed.

And as great as NP was, we lost on the night.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    no, it was just a shithole

It was at the CCS. Not NP.

?

I dont think it was the best team. Clearly one of the best.

With Jones at the helm and the soft centre Im not convinced wed have stayed up.

Pity Malky didnt inherit that side.

Add a bit of steel to the centre. Abandon a rigid 442.

Actually have the players fit and disciplined.

Middlesboro home , Sheff Wed away , Preston away , Blackpool play off final last game at NP.

Too many sh!t embarrassing games to be labled the best.

Malky had the best team in my opinion.

Bothroyd was so important to the way we played and Etuhu couldn't play the position as he was more of a wide player. I remember sitting on the coach after the game thoroughly miserable watching Blackpool "fans" stroll past as if nothing had happened.....if we had won we would have been still in the ground celebrating
    Yeah we spoke to Everton, Leeds and Man City fans out for a day, some looked plain miserable sitting on mini buses going back up north….they didn’t give a sh*t

7 home playoff ties. We've won 1, lost 6. No side in playoff history has such an appalling home record.

2-3

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    7 home playoff ties. We've won 1, lost 6. No side in playoff history has such an appalling home record.
    And yet still we hear crap about Cardiff City Stadium being a “fortress” - fact is we have a 100 per cent losing record in the Play Offs when it comes to playing at the fortress!