+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juniors Goal Today - Updated FT: Reading 2 - 2 Derby

Re: Juniors Goal Today

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I was saying to me mate next to me at the game that if Derby scored once they would score again. It felt that way.
    I missed all the football today. Can't believe it's 22:22. It's always miserable to blow a 2-0 lead but you know the cliche! I feel your pain. I'm impressed with Derby tbh. What a weird season and Championship though!

Re: Juniors Goal Today - Updated FT: Reading 2 - 2 Derby

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I disagree he would have the odd decent game or two then have quite a few games where he was average
    In our position, average would be a distinct improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He may not be the player he once was but Junior off the bench to hold it up when defending a lead and get free kicks, run at and commit the defence or score a worldy to snatch the points.

Who else do we have with that in their locker?

I concur, a one year contract could and should have been offered.

Poor business decisions by non-football people at the start of the season could be very costly.
    if we kept him on (and he was probably on a big wage) then we aren't suddenly transformed into a promotion winning side (he has scored 3 times for reading) yes he might have produced the odd flash of brilliance as a reminder of yesteryear, but he wasn't that good in the last couple of seasons for us and he would be blocking game time for the likes of Davies or Evans.

if it made the difference between finishing 18th or 15th with less game time for the ones being brought through would it be worth the wage for a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if we kept him on (and he was probably on a big wage) then we aren't suddenly transformed into a promotion winning side (he has scored 3 times for reading) yes he might have produced the odd flash of brilliance as a reminder of yesteryear, but he wasn't that good in the last couple of seasons for us and he would be blocking game time for the likes of Davies or Evans.

if it made the difference between finishing 18th or 15th with less game time for the ones being brought through would it be worth the wage for a year?
    He could help those players with their games, though.

He was great for us. When he ticked, we didn’t lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He could help those players with their games, though.
    we have coaches for that