+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else watching the drama about Hillsborough?

Anyone else watching the drama about Hillsborough?

(Anne, on ITV). It's tough going but well worth a watch.

Re: Anyone else watching the drama about Hillsborough?

Yes. Me. Really good fact finding drama.Unbelieveable to see what these people had to do to get justice in the end. This programme will get an award when the prizes get dished out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Yes. Me. Really good fact finding drama.Unbelieveable to see what these people had to do to get justice in the end. This programme will get an award when the prizes get dished out.
    I've not been watching but just wanted to comment on getting justice. If you don't have title or money in this country then justice is hard to come by. Just what the 99% have to do to fight their corner is horrendous. It's a hard slog.

Its incredibly emotional watching that first episode.

I didn't watch the programme, though I know the story and it will probably make for great drama.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I didn't watch the programme, though I know the story and it will probably make for great drama.
    Just what the thread needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    For balance I didn't watch it either and I'm on the fence on whether it will make a great drama.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    ?

For balance I didn't watch the drama and I'm unsure it would make a great fence.

bellends!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    (Anne, on ITV). It's tough going but well worth a watch.
    Ive started watching it - I’m a bit caught between how much of this is fact vs dramatised. Clearly the main message and theme is fact, justice for the 97 has been a long time coming. The way the police, government, local government and media acted is absolutely criminal but I think when this truly history, more will come out / better analysis will be provided at the actions on the day, and since

Try and catch ‘Four Lives’ as well with Stephen Merchant. Another true story highlighting police ineptness with little sympathy.

If they had got those culpable to court earlier there would have been some sort of justice

I think by the time they were it was all too late

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I've not been watching but just wanted to comment on getting justice. If you don't have title or money in this country then justice is hard to come by. Just what the 99% have to do to fight their corner is horrendous. It's a hard slog.
    Absolutely

My cousin Rachel Cerfontyne was the Police Complaint Commissioner dealing with Hillsborough. Rachel was the oldest daughter of my mum’s sister and is of mixed race. When her family came to visit us when we were all young we used to play down at the playing field and the locals made monkey noises at her and her siblings. It made me angry.

Anyway she had to watch all of the footage of fans heading into the ground knowing some would be dead a few minutes later. She was able to provide some reassurance to one family who were convinced their son died with the Police ignoring him. As it happened video footage revealed a Police Officer was there doing his best for their son. It was a small crumb of comfort.

For a (very) detailed summary without the dramatisation - https://www.theguardian.com/football...justice-system

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    My cousin Rachel Cerfontyne was the Police Complaint Commissioner dealing with Hillsborough. Rachel was the oldest daughter of my mum’s sister and is of mixed race. When her family came to visit us when we were all young we used to play down at the playing field and the locals made monkey noises at her and her siblings. It made me angry.

Anyway she had to watch all of the footage of fans heading into the ground knowing some would be dead a few minutes later. She was able to provide some reassurance to one family who were convinced their son died with the Police ignoring him. As it happened video footage revealed a Police Officer was there doing his best for their son. It was a small crumb of comfort.
    No doubt that many coppers that day tried to save lives

It was Duckenfield and the rest involved in the cover up that should have been convicted

Some of the stuff they got up to was unbelievable

If some guy sweeping the roads in Grangetown is shopped for doing a few hobbles for cash he's sacked

It's a joke and the elite get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    For a (very) detailed summary without the dramatisation - https://www.theguardian.com/football...justice-system
    Complete farce

Money talks and bullshit walks