+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newcastle sign Trippier

Newcastle sign Trippier

Newcastle sign him for £12 million. That seems a bargain in today's world. Good business by them

Although I'm sure he will be on high wages

Edit: why can't you change the headline

Re: Newcastle sign Trippier

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Newcastle sign him for £12 million. That seems a bargain in today's world. Good business by them

Although I'm sure he will be on high wages

Edit: why can't you change the headline
    It'll be really interesting to see who they sign. Part of me wants them to fail horribly but part of me wants them to stay up and challenge

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It'll be really interesting to see who they sign. Part of me wants them to fail horribly but part of me wants them to stay up and challenge
    What? And miss a good weekend away should we avoid relegation. We want Newcastle down and Sunderland up and the away fixtures a good few months apart not like they were a few seasons back.

Apparently the deal is 12m now and another 12m if they stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What? And miss a good weekend away should we avoid relegation. We want Newcastle down and Sunderland up and the away fixtures a good few months apart not like they were a few seasons back.
    Agree, real big traditional footy clubs and fans .

$12M? WHAT a deal. European experience. And an England international to boot. Almost unheard of. To put that into perspective, Harry McGuire cost £80m. Still blows my mind.

I’m with you on that one buddy.

The relatively low fee for a player of his calibre makes you wonder what sort of wage they are going to pay. To swap the Spanish champions for the possible prospect of championship football before a World Cup means he must he getting one heck of a financial incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Agree, real big traditional footy clubs and fans .
    Only when they are doing well. They were giving season tickets away practically for free recently, and had crowds that were nothing special until Keegan took them into the Premier League

He'll be the best right back in the championship next season

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Sod 'em. They have blood on their hands. Eddie Howe has also drastically gone down in my estimation for not being ethical.

Wonder if Rambo will go there too?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Sod 'em. They have blood on their hands. Eddie Howe has also drastically gone down in my estimation for not being ethical.
    I like to think I'm pretty ethical, but I would work for Newcastle for the £5 million a year or more that he's probably getting.

Absolutely agree. Love the weekenders up there.
    Spedger