+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One rule for us and another one for them?

Re: One rule for us and another one for them?

If he has had covid in the last few weeks which means he can’t have had the vaccine that would be the only valid excuse in my mind, no way can he be exempt with some form of serious health issue? An elite sportsman? No way. The ozzies won’t be happy about this after all the pain they’ve endured….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If he has had covid in the last few weeks which means he can’t have had the vaccine that would be the only valid excuse in my mind, no way can he be exempt with some form of serious health issue? An elite sportsman? No way. The ozzies won’t be happy about this after all the pain they’ve endured….
    Even if he has tested positive in the last month it still means he's not been vaccinated previously, otherwise he wouldn't need the exemption.
    It stinks and I hope the crowd let their feelings known when he steps out on court.

the change in isolation down to 7 days to get people back to work sooner as well

He may have a valid reason.

I'm sure if he hasn't the government there will enjoy sending him packing, they have nothing to gain from a PR disaster.

It won't be for the public to know any reasons behind his exemption.

So anti-vaxxers can play in the Australian Open provided they got infected with COVID in the last 6 months possibly as a consequence of being an anti-vaxxer!

Not sure they’ve thought this one through…

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He may have a valid reason.

I'm sure if he hasn't the government there will enjoy sending him packing, they have nothing to gain from a PR disaster.

It won't be for the public to know any reasons behind his exemption.
    By all accounts the " exception testing " was all done blind, the people who make the decisions only know the case number, not the details of the person ( name, reason for entering Australia etc etc )

I hope they don’t let him in, I dint want him to win another grand slam