+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia (still maybe)

Re: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Nah far from it, triple vaxed, full of vaccine but still can't get to the football.

I just think people should have personal choice and that those people shouldn't be punished for not having a vaccine.

We ultimately get a vaccine to protect ourselves, there are all sorts of people in society who shouldn't and can't get a vaccine for covid.

People shouldn't be treated differently because of a vaccine status, it's amazing how quickly things become acceptable en masse.
    Luckily for the anti-vaxxers they are outnumbered by those who do choose to have the vaccination. If the reverse was true then the original delta variant would have run riot and UK deaths would be much, much higher than 150,000.

P.S. It's down to the anti-vaxxers that you can't get to your football match.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Luckily for the anti-vaxxers they are outnumbered by those who do choose to have the vaccination. If the reverse was true then the original delta variant would have run riot and UK deaths would be much, much higher than 150,000.

Like they give a shit.
    Selfish kents!

Sounds like he novax, is having a right mare….no contact or any personal items all weekend, basically arrested and held with none of his stuff….so political really if they let him in now they will pee off a huge amount of the Ozzie population who have had to endure some extraordinary restrictions. I’ll never forget reading of one woman’s plight, over in Bristol for a two week work course March 2020, couldn’t get home to Oz, no money left living in homeless shelters in Bristol.

Well it's not stopping fans over the bridge get to matches.

I think our vaccine uptake has been impressive, don't think we could much higher without mandating it.

It's well above the amount we were told should be sufficient.

As said I've now had 3 vaccines in little over 6 months, yet in Wales I still can't watch a bloody football match outside. I can though see one if I just drive for 40 minutes, makes sense.

This interview speaks volumes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ralia-59909477

(Scroll across the page to the video)

I suppose you have to feel sorry for him, not being allowed to have his personal chef prepare his meals whilst in the quarantine hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Sounds like he novax, is having a right mare….no contact or any personal items all weekend, basically arrested and held with none of his stuff….so political really if they let him in now they will pee off a huge amount of the Ozzie population who have had to endure some extraordinary restrictions. I’ll never forget reading of one woman’s plight, over in Bristol for a two week work course March 2020, couldn’t get home to Oz, no money left living in homeless shelters in Bristol.
    It was always an element of political point scoring. He is a well known sports star that the media had been tracking regarding this story for months, certainly quite intensely the last few weeks.

Aussie government could have put a stop to it a long time ago and made it clear he wouldn't be welcome.

I don't believe no one in his team or Tennis Australia sought the correct procedure.

I skimmed over the transcription of his interview this morning and the first interviewer basically says um and yes a million times and little actual substance beyond that. I was irritated reading it, must be an awful experience of you are someone that's genuinely trying to get in for work, to see family or whatever.

The PM has been under all sorts of pressure there for a long time, this seems like it should have been a nice home run. May still get their way but looks a shambles.

It was always an element of political point scoring. He is a well known sports star that the media had been tracking regarding this story for months, certainly quite intensely the last few weeks.

Aussie government could have put a stop to it a long time ago and made it clear he wouldn't be welcome.

I don't believe no one in his team or Tennis Australia sought the correct procedure.

I skimmed over the transcription of his interview this morning and the first interviewer basically says um and yes a million times and little actual substance beyond that. I was irritated reading it, must be an awful experience of you are someone that's genuinely trying to get in for work, to see family or whatever.

The PM has been under all sorts of pressure there for a long time, this seems like it should have been a nice home run. May still get their way but looks a shambles.
    I really dislike the somewhat jokey way the media are reporting this, they seem to be relishing the debacle. The bottom line is that the guy is clearly an anti-vaxxer - the BBC reports that he is "very careful about what goes into his body" etc... I don't believe there is any genuine medical reason that he cannot receive the vaccine. OK that's his choice, but as with all choices in life there are consequences.

Well it's not stopping fans over the bridge get to matches.

I think our vaccine uptake has been impressive, don't think we could much higher without mandating it.

It's well above the amount we were told should be sufficient.

As said I've now had 3 vaccines in little over 6 months, yet in Wales I still can't watch a bloody football match outside. I can though see one if I just drive for 40 minutes, makes sense.
    2.8 million Londoners haven’t had anything (highest in Kensington and Westminster)

547,000 in Birmingham

20 million classed as unvaccinated and this figure is expected to rise if the 3rd jab uptake is as slow as it’s been suggested. Incredible really considering the amount of advertising put into it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...jabs-crgcj5g7c

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    2.8 million Londoners haven’t had anything (highest in Kensington and Westminster)

547,000 in Birmingham

20 million classed as unvaccinated and this figure is expected to rise if the 3rd jab uptake is as slow as it’s been suggested. Incredible really considering the amount of advertising put into it.

I can't read the full article but I'm assuming the 20 million includes children. I did read something around Christmas that said about 6 million eligible for the vaccine weren't vaccinated.

I can't read the full article but I'm assuming the 20 million includes children. I did read something around Christmas that said about 6 million eligible for the vaccine weren't vaccinated.
    I’m assuming it’s 12 and above , but it’s an awful lot and surprising

The media loves this. They lap it up. Poor Nige hasn't had any coat-tails to hang onto for a while.

I’m assuming it’s 12 and above , but it’s an awful lot and surprising
    I’m not at all, the uk is awash with millions of idiots….

Be interesting to see what reaction he gets when he wins it again

Rumours now that his supposed positive covid test is fake….he was seen at events a few days later and travelled to Spain….on it rumbles

Listening to Djokovic's family you'd think Novak had gone over the top at The Somme in 1916 not played silly buggers to enter Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Listening to Djokovic's family you'd think Novak had gone over the top at The Somme in 1916 not played silly buggers to enter Australia.
    In their press conference yesterday the family (I think it was his mother) claimed Novax had been 'tortured' by the Australian government by being held in that hotel.

He deserves to be deported for that alone - and the Farage hand-holding.

547,000 in Birmingham

Population of UK is 67m (including children). Total number of first jabs given is 52m. A bit of simple maths indicates the 20m unvaccinated figure is wrong. As far as I know, it is not Government policy that some lucky people are being given the jab twice ! 62% of the population over 12 have also had the booster, which is hardly a ‘slow uptake’ bearing in mind it only started about 4 months ago.

I wish they'd deport all the 'Serbian Australians ' who have been protesting for him. They've showed exactly what they think of the country that took them in. Would be nice if we could banish Farage to Serbia aswell, they seem to like him

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In their press conference yesterday the family (I think it was his mother) claimed Novax had been 'tortured' by the Australian government by being held in that hotel.

He deserves to be deported for that alone - and the Farage hand-holding.
    Did anyone else notice that that interview was terminated immediately after the family were asked about the fact that Djokovic had been out and about mixing with people within a day or two of this supposed positive COVID result? The mother muttered something in Slovak and immediately Djokovic's brother announced that the press conference was over - says it all to me!

Did anyone else notice that that interview was terminated immediately after the family were asked about the fact that Djokovic had been out and about mixing with people within a day or two of this supposed positive COVID result? The mother muttered something in Slovak and immediately Djokovic's brother announced that the press conference was over - says it all to me!
    She spoke in Slovak although a Serb? That reminds me of someone I met on a plane to Slovenia (in pre-Euro currency days) who had ordered Slovakian currency for their holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    She spoke in Slovak although a Serb? That reminds me of someone I met on a plane to Slovenia (in pre-Euro currency days) who had ordered Slovakian currency for their holiday.
    That's a fair cop governor! It doesn't alter the fact that mum could see the way things were heading and that her beloved Novak might not be able to sustain his martyr image!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Was your response Tolar Tolar Tolar?

Re: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia (still maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I wish they'd deport all the 'Serbian Australians ' who have been protesting for him. They've showed exactly what they think of the country that took them in. Would be nice if we could banish Farage to Serbia aswell, they seem to like him
    Hear hear, well said that man! Nige loves all the elites.

Has he been served up yet or is this still a codevid violation