+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia (still maybe)

Re: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In their press conference yesterday the family (I think it was his mother) claimed Novax had been 'tortured' by the Australian government by being held in that hotel.

He deserves to be deported for that alone - and the Farage hand-holding.
    Tortured no luxuries or personal items must be the equivalent of torture mind to those who fly around in private jets….

Re: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia

Yet more revelations this morning regarding mixing with other people when he knew he was positive for COVID and "human error" regarding visa paperwork where he declares that he had not visited any other country before going to Oz whereas he actually had. If he gets away with this he deserves the "Teflon Man" award for 2022. Although he may have a strong contender in Boris Johnston.

Re: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia (still maybe)

He went to an event at a school or with kids somewhere the day after supposedly testing positive, and met a journo a few days after that. Serbia has quite strict 14 day isolation too I think. Also rumours he was in Spain. Can’t see how he can survive all this, they are bound to kick him out now.

Rumour is he was also at the No.10 work meeting (ahem) last year as well

Djokovic’s visa has been cancelled by the Immigration Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    seems pointless to have a " appeals process " when the minister can just do as he likes ( unless he is Drakefords long lost Brother, then that makes sense )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    seems pointless to have a " appeals process " when the minister can just do as he likes ( unless he is Drakefords long lost Brother, then that makes sense )
    Novax's been caught out telling porkies since the appeal ruling though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Novax's been caught out telling porkies since the appeal ruling though.
    It wasnt his fault, it was his agents

How as Nigel Farage taken the news?

Slippery slope when a government gives a Home Secretary powers to act above the judicial system on immigration matters I am sure you will agree. Nothing to worry about here though unless he is Priti Patel's long lost brother.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How as Nigel Farage taken the news?
    He'll just be gobsmacked that lying hasn't worked for Djokovic as it always seems to work well for him!

Ah so you can lie through your teeth , as long as it gets you the desired affect , that is justice? mmmmm struggling with that a little....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed .....

Gotta to love Aussies politicians we would have rolled over and let him stay.

The appeals process was not correctly carried out as he didn't not provide al the information , I flew to Spain and had to declare what countries /borders I had crossed or been in before I could go ?

The Australian government acting and following the will of the Australian people while the world looks on as Boris mugs off the British public for the 25th time, embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    The Australian government acting and following the will of the Australian people while the world looks on as Boris mugs off the British public for the 25th time, embarrassing
    Bang on!

I think the decision to deport Djokovic on "health and good order" grounds is ludicrous. It gives his lawyers ample scope to appeal - the "good order" bit is based on the claim that there might be civil disorder. This is pure hypothesis and smacks of cancel culture. The "health" bit is farcical as the bloke has been wandering freely around since being allowed to leave his quarantine hotel, so the damage is done.

Indeed, Djokovic's lawyers have already called the decision "patently irrational" and say they will appeal.

They should have gone for the jugular and stuck to the basic facts - he lied about the date of his positive COVID test and that he had not visited any other countries prior to coming to Australia. End of story. In fact he is lucky not to be prosecuted for a false declaration on the visa application.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I think the decision to deport Djokovic on "health and good order" grounds is ludicrous. It gives his lawyers ample scope to appeal - the "good order" bit is based on the claim that there might be civil disorder. This is pure hypothesis and smacks of cancel culture. The "health" bit is farcical as the bloke has been wandering freely around since being allowed to leave his quarantine hotel, so the damage is done.

Indeed, Djokovic's lawyers have already called the decision "patently irrational" and say they will appeal.

They should have gone for the jugular and stuck to the basic facts - he lied about the date of his positive COVID test and that he had not visited any other countries prior to coming to Australia. End of story. In fact he is lucky not to be prosecuted for a false declaration on the visa application.

International

I think he should be banned from playing just for his sheer arrogance, thinking he is too important to be stopped from doing what he wants. (He isn't, ask Prince Andrew!)

Feck me he's a tennis player, yes a very good one but still just a tennis player. If he never plays another game in his life it won't alter the world one iota! The sooner he is on a plane back to Belgrade the better. The flight might give him time to reflect on how clever he is.

The grounds for medical exemption against vaccination in Australia include active COVID infection where vaccination may be deferred for 6 months. Djokovic has said he’s opposed to vaccines so he’s not deferring vaccination.

Then after testing positive he decided to break Serbian isolation rules and deliberately risk the health of others. Then his visa form was found to be untrue regarding foreign travel.

In the middle of a public health emergency where Australians are required to follow the rules and do their bit it seems reasonable for the Government to decline Djokovic’s request to be a guest in their country at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think he should be banned from playing just for his sheer arrogance, thinking he is too important to be stopped from doing what he wants. (He isn't, ask Prince Andrew!)

Feck me he's a tennis player, yes a very good one but still just a tennis player. If he never plays another game in his life it won't alter the world one iota! The sooner he is on a plane back to Belgrade the better. The flight might give him time to reflect on how clever he is.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

This is me agreeing with xsnaggle .....