+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia (still maybe)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Love to know why he is exempt from the vaccine? Surely you can’t put being stuck so far up one’s own arse on the form as a reasonable excuse?
    Because it is his choice

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Because it is his choice
    it isn't his choice to set the entry requirements for the Australian border

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Because it is his choice
    Entering another country means that you play to their rules doesn’t it? Choice doesn’t come in to it, if the rules say you have to be vaccinated or have a valid medical reason surely you need to divulge the reason. I’m certain when questioned at passport control, or whatever, when asked for your vaccination status that saying “I’ve not been vaccinated because it’s my choice” would result in a refused entry.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Entering another country means that you play to their rules doesn’t it? Choice doesn’t come in to it, if the rules say you have to be vaccinated or have a valid medical reason surely you need to divulge the reason. I’m certain when questioned at passport control, or whatever, when asked for your vaccination status that saying “I’ve not been vaccinated because it’s my choice” would result in a refused entry.
    15 other unvaccinated players and officials have been allowed in though

https://www.tennis365.com/australian...open-djokovic/

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    15 other unvaccinated players and officials have been allowed in though

https://www.tennis365.com/australian...open-djokovic/
    In the article it says that the medical condition that hopes to allow exemption is disclosed to two medical panels who decide yay or nay. Perhaps the 15 disclosed their medical reason and had the thumbs up. If Djokovic discloses his and it’s genuine perhaps he’ll get in, says it’s done anonymously so his outspoken views on vaccinations won’t come to light to the two panels.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In the article it says that the medical condition that hopes to allow exemption is disclosed to two medical panels who decide yay or nay. Perhaps the 15 disclosed their medical reason and had the thumbs up. If Djokovic discloses his and it’s genuine perhaps he’ll get in, says it’s done anonymously so his outspoken views on vaccinations won’t come to light to the two panels.

Australian MPs not required to follow public health mandates.

https://twitter.com/thefreds/status/...506204678?s=21