Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
Sounds like he novax, is having a right mare….no contact or any personal items all weekend, basically arrested and held with none of his stuff….so political really if they let him in now they will pee off a huge amount of the Ozzie population who have had to endure some extraordinary restrictions. I’ll never forget reading of one woman’s plight, over in Bristol for a two week work course March 2020, couldn’t get home to Oz, no money left living in homeless shelters in Bristol.
It was always an element of political point scoring. He is a well known sports star that the media had been tracking regarding this story for months, certainly quite intensely the last few weeks.

Aussie government could have put a stop to it a long time ago and made it clear he wouldn't be welcome.

I don't believe no one in his team or Tennis Australia sought the correct procedure.

I skimmed over the transcription of his interview this morning and the first interviewer basically says um and yes a million times and little actual substance beyond that. I was irritated reading it, must be an awful experience of you are someone that's genuinely trying to get in for work, to see family or whatever.

The PM has been under all sorts of pressure there for a long time, this seems like it should have been a nice home run. May still get their way but looks a shambles.