+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marnus

Marnus

Interviewed on the radio in Australia this morning after receiving a cricketing award,
    and put a lot of his success down to his time with Glammy.
    Special mention for Matty Maynard.
    And said, quote “I love everything about Glamorgan”.
    Seemed very genuine.
    Gave me a kick.

Re: Marnus

That's a top story , good cricketer

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    Interviewed on the radio in Australia this morning after receiving a cricketing award,
    and put a lot of his success down to his time with Glammy.
    Special mention for Matty Maynard.
    And said, quote “I love everything about Glamorgan”.
    Seemed very genuine.
    Gave me a kick.

I always remember Maynard’s England debut …. He was so nervous and so was I watching him on the T.V

How many top English players go to other countries to play 4 day cricket. Marnus came over to Glamorgan and it has helped him on his journey to where he has become one of the best batsmen in World cricket, and he continues to commit to Glamorgan.

Contrast that to he England shorter format side where the players who play in that, regularly play in short format competition throughout the world (big bash, IPL)

He comes across as a very decent bloke.

If any of you cricket fans haven't seen the documentary, 'The Test' I can highly recommend it. It is pretty much a fly on the wall feature on the Australian team in the year following the sandpaper/cheating business.

I assume it's still available to watch on Amazon Prime, hopefully some free platforms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    He comes across as a very decent bloke.

If any of you cricket fans haven't seen the documentary, 'The Test' I can highly recommend it. It is pretty much a fly on the wall feature on the Australian team in the year following the sandpaper/cheating business.

I assume it's still available to watch on Amazon Prime, hopefully some free platforms too.
    If you've got even just a passing interest in cricket (as I do) it's worth signing up to Prime for a month just to watch this, it's absolutely brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I always remember Maynard’s England debut …. He was so nervous and so was I watching him on the T.V
    I do too. He looked terrified and very jittery. He was never given a proper chance.
    Lovely to hear what Labuschagne has said about Glammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I do too. He looked terrified and very jittery. He was never given a proper chance.
    Lovely to hear what Labuschagne has said about Glammy.
    Maynard would walk into the current test team now wouldn’t he ?

So would Ramprekash, Lyth, Lathwell, Hugh Morris , Steve Jones ,Carberry etc

Edit … Lydney’s Steve James , not Jones

His performances in his first season for us were unbelievable. Great player and a top bloke . Glad he's happy at Glamorgan, would love to see him and Neser return for years to come.

Edit … Lydney’s Steve James , not Jones
    I was scratching my head at Steve Jones!

Maynard would walk into the current test team now wouldn’t he ?

So would Ramprekash, Lyth, Lathwell, Hugh Morris , Steve Jones ,Carberry etc
    He would have walked into the limited overs sides of today and maybe the test team too.

The problem with Maynard was that he had every shot in the book.
    Test cricket is all about protecting your wicket and limiting your type of shot cuts the risk enormously.

The current crop of players seem to want to play the same way in both Tests and white ball cricket. Many have never spent more than a few sessions at the crease.

There are many factors why todays batsmen are so poor and there are such a lack of quality options.

Technique - so many have a poor technique.

Seemed to start around the 80s when so many adopted that ludicrous upright stance with the bat in the air. Its not baseball FFS.

Hick adopted this and it found him out at Test level. He did then alter his technique though.

The current crop are desparately poor though.

Ramprakash had a First Class average in the low 50s , Maynard low 40s , there are very few now with these sort of averages in the County game.

Talking of technique though Smiths is about the worst and hes doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    There are many factors why todays batsmen are so poor and there are such a lack of quality options.

Technique - so many have a poor technique.

Seemed to start around the 80s when so many adopted that ludicrous upright stance with the bat in the air. Its not baseball FFS.

Hick adopted this and it found him out at Test level. He did then alter his technique though.

The current crop are desparately poor though.

Ramprakash had a First Class average in the low 50s , Maynard low 40s , there are very few now with these sort of averages in the County game.

Talking of technique though Smiths is about the worst and hes doing ok.
    i think the lower averages now has a lot to do with county games being played early and late in the season

Maynard’s batting for England in test cricket was ahead of its time.

Mark Wood appears to have the upper hand against him in this series

Nice article here

https://thesportsrush.com/cricket-ne...nst-mark-wood/

Mark Wood against Marnus :

8.4 overs
    3-17

I have to say I’ve been impressed with Mark Wood and he has been unlucky this Series so far

Not the best shot he's ever played in getting out today.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1481876124858781696

I think Root should have gone with Overton over Wood on this pitch, the problem with that Is what match practice has Overton had.

It's a shame the entire England team wasn't deported from Australia a couple of months ago for lying about their covid jab status.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    It's a shame the entire England team wasn't deported from Australia a couple of months ago for lying about their covid jab status.
    😂😂😂😂😂

They really are pathetic.