Re: Aden Flint appeal successful

Great news! Wasn't expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Great news! Wasn't expecting that.
    ditto

Wow great news , I've grown to like Flint, he just seems more committed than two S Morrison these days ??

Big plus for us we need his experience for the rest of the league at his best he is a battler , on a personal note I do love an aggressive old skool defender as per my hoof playing days antics , lol .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wow great news , I've grown to like Flint, he just seems more committed than two S Morrison these days ??

Big plus for us we need his experience for the rest of the league at his best he is a battler , on a personal note I do love an aggressive old skool defender as per my hoof playing days antics , lol .
    Agreed, great news. I've grown to be a lot fonder of Flint these past six months.

Excellent news. Can't see what he did wrong apart from being the victim of violent conduct. Correct decision...unlike some in the match.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Excellent news. Can't see what he did wrong apart from being the victim of violent conduct. Correct decision...unlike some in the match.
    Yes, I wonder what the Ref's Review Committee will quite make of that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Yes, I wonder what the Ref's Review Committee will quite make of that one?
    It did get a bit tasty at the end of the match. I think the ref over reacted and panicked a bit, giving a card for an apparent offence.
    I wonder what the Baggies new USA international signing made of his new surroundings?! Straight in at the deep end was"Eddie Johnson in disguise"

It did get a bit tasty at the end of the match. I think the ref over reacted and panicked a bit, giving a card for an apparent offence.
    I wonder what the Baggies new USA international signing made of his new surroundings?! Straight in at the deep end was"Eddie Johnson in disguise"
    I think Dike was at Barnsley with Ismael last season and got rave reviews so I think he knows what he is getting into. His average of a goal every two games does stand a bit in comparison to Eddie though!

Plus a goal awarded which was clearly offside and a stonewall penalty which was dismissed. Not one of the officiating team's better days methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think Dike was at Barnsley with Ismael last season and got rave reviews so I think he knows what he is getting into. His average of a goal every two games does stand a bit in comparison to Eddie though!
    I wonder if WBA was his best Offa?

Sounds about right TBH, though I thought he may just get a one match ban after the news that WBA had accepted the 3-matcher.

From the footage it looks like Flint was simply fending off his assailant and was the victim of being the tallest man to have a go at.

Yes, Flint is winning many people over.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I would think it harsh to call Morrison uncommitted, just he’s struggling and out of form.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would think it harsh to call Morrison uncommitted, just he’s struggling and out of form.
    Flint has also exclusively played in the middle of the 3, while Morrison played on the right, which probably doesn't play to his strengths as much

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    He can continue to play
    Great news, another derby goal incoming

Sometimes I get the impression that referees take the easy option and dish out equal punishments to those involved at the time, knowing that red cards can be appealed and rescinded if needed later on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Sometimes I get the impression that referees take the easy option and dish out equal punishments to those involved at the time, knowing that red cards can be appealed and rescinded if needed later on.
    I don't think any ref wants their on field judgement to be overturned at a later date - it really undermines their credability.

In this case it was after the and of the game, so no real harm done, but if it was 10 minutes earlier it could have had a huge potential impact on the game

YES!

great news, a 100%'er and someone we need for the fight

Try as I might I can't get anything to work that links a Dick van or any other possibles into a sentence !!!

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Try as I might I can't get anything to work that links a Dick van or any other possibles into a sentence !!!
    I had a dick van for years and it was costing me a fortune with the repairs. I'm glad I sold it in the end. Someone made me an offa I couldn't refuse!....sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Flint is winning many people over.
    Kind of ironic that Flint is apparently winning people over while being a part of the second-worst defence in the division.