+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aden Flint appeal successful

Re: Aden Flint appeal successful

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I had a dick van for years and it was costing me a fortune with the repairs. I'm glad I sold it in the end. Someone made me an offa I couldn't refuse!....sorry!
    Coq au vin perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Kind of ironic that Flint is apparently winning people over while being a part of the second-worst defence in the division.
    I take it you are not a fan.

I think most people realise we are very limited for quality defensively and all, including Flint, have their limitations.

We are where we are in the league because we have struggled defensively.
    We've also struggled in the middle to not only provide chances for our strikers but support our defence.
    In addition we haven't scored enough goals and the coaching tactically has at times left many baffled.

Basically football is a team game and all we ask as fans is that every player and coach tries his best in the hope of success collectively.
    Flint for many epitomises what we require in order to survive relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I think most people realise we are very limited for quality defensively and all, including Flint, have their limitations.

We are where we are in the league because we have struggled defensively.
    We've also struggled in the middle to not only provide chances for our strikers but support our defence.
    In addition we haven't scored enough goals and the coaching tactically has at times left many baffled.

Basically football is a team game and all we ask as fans is that every player and coach tries his best in the hope of success collectively.
    Flint for many epitomises what we require in order to survive relegation.
    Our Man Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Coq au vin perhaps.
    Ha ha, brilliant fair play TBG: that's curbed my cockiness 👍

Kind of ironic that Flint is apparently winning people over while being a part of the second-worst defence in the division.
    Just what I was thinking. To be fair, I think Flint has been the best of our senior central defenders this season, but he’s still part of the problem in a team that is struggling to adapt to a way of playing more in tune with the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just what I was thinking. To be fair, I think Flint has been the best of our senior central defenders this season, but he’s still part of the problem in a team that is struggling to adapt to a way of playing more in tune with the modern game.
    Agree

Our Man Flint.
    James Coburn, loved that

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king- and Flint is standing out in a very poor team. A bit like Marshall coming to the fore whilst being peppered with shots in the PL year.

I'm not a fan. I like his attitude and I admire the fact that he's managed to carve out a career for himself at this level given his glaring deficiencies, but I don't think he's very good.

You said: "Flint for many epitomises what we require in order to survive relegation," and you're probably right. However, I would counter that by saying for many, Flint epitomises why the club is in relegation trouble in the first place.

City have played 24 Championship matches so far this season. Three members of the squad have started 20 or more of those games. They are Aden Flint (20 starts), Curtis Nelson (22 starts) and Marlon Pack (22 starts). To me, that says plenty about the type of team City currently are and the reason why they're battling relegation.

One thing I will say in Flint's favour, though - he's been more reliable this season that Sean Morrison. And I'd also say he's showed more stomach for the fight than Kieffer Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king- and Flint is standing out in a very poor team. A bit like Marshall coming to the fore whilst being peppered with shots in the PL year.
    I dont think thats a fair comparison. Marshall was an outstanding Championship player for us at his best and a key reason we won the Championship.

Flint is a battler needed for a relegation scrap.

An in form Sean Morrison is better.

I'm not a fan. I like his attitude and I admire the fact that he's managed to carve out a career for himself at this level given his glaring deficiencies, but I don't think he's very good.

You said: "Flint for many epitomises what we require in order to survive relegation," and you're probably right. However, I would counter that by saying for many, Flint epitomises why the club is in relegation trouble in the first place.

City have played 24 Championship matches so far this season. Three members of the squad have started 20 or more of those games. They are Aden Flint (20 starts), Curtis Nelson (22 starts) and Marlon Pack (22 starts). To me, that says plenty about the type of team City currently are and the reason why they're battling relegation.

One thing I will say in Flint's favour, though - he's been more reliable this season that Sean Morrison. And I'd also say he's showed more stomach for the fight than Kieffer Moore.
    Flint has played exclusively in the middle of the 3, which to my very non expert eye seems like less of a departure from his more accustomed role in a back 4 than playing on the right of the 3 , where you're expected to cover a lot more space.
    Morrison has played in a bit of both, yes he hasn't had a good season, but he's possibly also been asked to change his game more?

I think both Nelson and Pack having played so many games can be very lucky they seem to get automatic selection by the manager. I'd give them both a break particularly now Wintle has been recalled.

I think both Nelson and Pack having played so many games can be very lucky they seem to get automatic selection by the manager. I'd give them both a break particularly now Wintle has been recalled.
    If we are playing 3 id rather Pack than Vaulks or Bacuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If we are playing 3 id rather Pack than Vaulks or Bacuna.
    Agree entirely. I was thinking of some way of avoiding all three and something like Wintle Ralls Sang/Bowen appeals to me.

I don't disagree with this, but the thread is about the fact that Flint is available to play having been vindicated following his red card and people seem pleased at the outcome.
    I'm not saying, and I doubt many think he's morphed into Bobby Moore overnight but we realise he is the best of what we have available to us

Your view of Morrison I agree with but I think you are wrong to criticise Moore's application. There have been a few who have not shown Flint's commitment nor put the team first (Bacuna and Vaulks spring to mind) but Moore I do feel for.
    He has cut a lonely figure up top, had a stop start season through injury, covid or whatever, had no decent service and has been feeding off scraps, often putting his own personal safety on the line into the bargain
    see bold^^

Your view of Morrison I agree with but I think you are wrong to criticise Moore's application.
    Fair enough, but I don't think Moore's fancied it this season. He's always had a tendency to go to ground when the opportunity arises, he's quite canny in that respect, but during this campaign there have been a few instances when it's been embarrassing. To me, he's looked like a player who is feeling sorry for himself in recent months. He's also missed a few absolute sitters. The pre-season talk of him being worth £25 million seemed daft at the time. It seems even more daft now.