+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chanka Zimba to Northampton (loan) - Official

Chanka Zimba to Northampton (loan) - Official

Re: Chanka Zimba to Northampton (loan) - Official

Good luck Chanka!

Hopefully he gets plenty of game time.

Looking at their squad they have 3 other centre forwards

Benny Ashley-Seal - a 23 year old who has been on the bench a bit - scored 1 goal

Danny Rose (not that one) - a 28 year old who has 1 goal from 11 games + 9 sub appearances

and

Kion Etete a 20 uear old loanee from Spurs who has 3 league goals from 18 games

they don't seem to be that prolific, and they seem to vary between 4-4-2 with rose and Etete up front and 4-2-3-1 with Etete up front alone.

Hopefully he can break into the team and show what he can do.

Etete has been recalled from his loan by Spurs and sent on loan to Cheltenham instead - doing a Man Utd with Laird with the Jacks.

I think Zimba will play quite a bit as they have very few options up front - hope he does well

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Etete has been recalled from his loan by Spurs and sent on loan to Cheltenham instead - doing a Man Utd with Laird with the Jacks.

I think Zimba will play quite a bit as they have very few options up front - hope he does well
    in that case with Etete being recalled i expect he'll play a fair bit - the only down side is they don't seem to score many as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    in that case with Etete being recalled i expect he'll play a fair bit - the only down side is they don't seem to score many as a team.
    The question I'd ask is can he become better at what he wasn't good at, the first half he played for us where he lost the ball etc.

I hope some thought has gone into where we are sending them out on loan and we aren't just letting them go to the first club that puts an offer in.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The question I'd ask is can he become better at what he wasn't good at, the first half he played for us where he lost the ball etc.

I hope some thought has gone into where we are sending them out on loan and we aren't just letting them go to the first club that puts an offer in.
    well it's better than Weston Super Mare, and it seems as though he'll get an opportunity to play plenty of games, so it's better than nothing.
    You do wonder why Spurs felt the need to pull their guy out of there though.