+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think they’ll reduce restrictions tomorrow for “THE EGG”

Anyone else think they’ll reduce restrictions tomorrow for “THE EGG”

I do 100%

Just watching the Welsh news and reading between the lines, I think they’ll open up.

They’ll say something like, “if things improve over the next week, restrictions will be lifted a week Monday, the 17th”

Re: Anyone else think they’ll reduce restrictions tomorrow for “THE EGG”

yes I do, not because they're all big egg fans, but if the my move the game to England and allow fans it is probably worse for public health than allowing fans in here, so it would be the sensible thing to relax the restrictions

Yes. They'll say that spectators can return in a week or 2 provided that things don't get worse.
    Safe Standing here we come.

Six nations not until Feb though, they got a few weeks before then. I assume there are regional games before then?

With England allowing crowds at the moment and looking to ride out the storm, Wales is going to look more draconian if they continue to keep things closed rather than learning to live with it

I see the SPL in Scotland returns on the 17th of Jan. I wonder if Sturgeon will increase capacities for that date.

Seems as if Chester FC may have broken the rules

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wsApp_AppShare

WRU threatened with funding cuts if they play in England

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/..._0wXoVxy3QAmAE

I'd be surprised if anything is relaxed tomorrow. Too many unknowns yet. Schools back today for example.

But I think they'll announce a likely relaxation in three weeks on the assumption that hospitalisations, deaths don't significantly increase in the meantime.

The word significant can be interpreted then as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

Yet Cymru Premier TNS or whatever they're called now play home games in Oswestry on the English side so presumably they're allowed fans in the ground The whole situation is ludicrous thanks to Dripford.

according to IC Wales no change regarding crowds returning for a short while at least . making a statement tomorrow

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eview-22668305

Oh yes they won't risk the wrath of drunken 6 nation fans thinking they will have to go England to watch home games ,clever spin by WRU to suggest as much , you watched WAG flip, I guess there be some nice hospitality thrown In.

I think that a bigger factor will be the potential of holding Fury v White in Cardiff late March.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen Bull View Post
    I'd be surprised if anything is relaxed tomorrow. Too many unknowns yet. Schools back today for example.

But I think they'll announce a likely relaxation in three weeks on the assumption that hospitalisations, deaths don't significantly increase in the meantime.

The word significant can be interpreted then as they see fit.
    3 weeks tie will be too late to save the 6 nations games and possible the play-offs for world cup. these events take a bit more planning g than time would allow if no decision is forthcoming very soon. Drakeford has dropped the baton big time on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think that a bigger factor will be the potential of holding Fury v White in Cardiff late March.
    Will Drakeford be on the undercard

i did ,but nothing changes although on radio wales he thinks the scientists and experts are wrong saying things should change back

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

This is such an embarrassing story. And no doubt the WG will pursue them with gusto

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    according to IC Wales no change regarding crowds returning for a short while at least . making a statement tomorrow

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eview-22668305
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This is such an embarrassing story. And no doubt the WG will pursue them with gusto

The comments page is funny as duck

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The comments page is funny as duck
    I often read the comments after WOL articles and you’re quite correct, they’re all quackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    He isn't fighting Whyte though is he?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Stuff like this just shows it up really.

In Cardiff I can also have up to 30 in the house but I can't meet and sit with 6 others in a restaurant.

No outdoor gatherings in Wales but I can pop across the border and carry on as before.

It really needs to be better thought out and UK wide or ultimately pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Stuff like this just shows it up really.

In Cardiff I can also have up to 30 in the house but I can't meet and sit with 6 others in a restaurant.

No outdoor gatherings in Wales but I can pop across the border and carry on as before.

It really needs to be better thought out and UK wide or ultimately pointless.
    If there were to be a UK wide strategy, then England would have similar restrictions as Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The only reason there isn't is because Johnson has no authority within his party and cares more about his career

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    If there were to be a UK wide strategy, then England would have similar restrictions as Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The only reason there isn't is because Johnson has no authority within his party and cares more about his career
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Yet Cymru Premier TNS or whatever they're called now play home games in Oswestry on the English side so presumably they're allowed fans in the ground The whole situation is ludicrous thanks to Dripford.
    FYI Dripford doesn't even rhyme with anything, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever as an insult

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    FYI Dripford doesn't even rhyme with anything, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever as an insult
    Aw, c’mon Delmi, the posters who use the hilarious Dripford moniker are about 7 years old, just up from the infants with a ‘look at what I’ve just thought up’ smile on their face, it’s a hoot to them.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Aw, c’mon Delmi, the posters who use the hilarious Dripford moniker are about 7 years old, just up from the infants with a ‘look at what I’ve just thought up’ smile on their face, it’s a hoot to them.
    They thought they'd peaked with "Sjoke" and yet here we are, incredible what young minds can achieve

Sjoke is quite funny though right? 😬