+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injury Update: Kieffer has Covid again

Injury Update: Kieffer has Covid again

From Wales Online - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...letin-22673968

Ryan Wintle

The midfielder has been recalled from his loan spell at Blackpool after a successful first half of the season.

Wintle, however, sustained an injury just before the new year before contracting Covid. He played the full 90 minutes against Hull City on New Year's Day, though, and the club are wary of his fitness levels.

Steve Morison said: "We are just waiting on some international clearance. If we get that, there is a possibility he will be involved.

"But he did have Covid and then he did one day return with Blackpool and played 90 minutes. So we are actually just checking on him to make sure it's the best thing for him this weekend.

"He should be involved."

Expected return: Preston - Sunday, January 9

Max Watters

Watters is the other who has been recalled from his successful loan spell.

He netted seven times for MK Dons and will hopefully add some firepower to the Bluebirds' forward line.

However, it looks likely Cardiff fans will have to wait a couple of weeks before they see the young striker in a Cardiff shirt again.

The 22-year-old sustained an injury during MK Dons' game with Sheffield Wednesday on November 23 and has not played since. It was always thought that he would miss this weekend, but now even Blackburn Rovers is a doubt.

Morison said: "Max is still a little bit away. Even Blackburn is going to be a push for Max."

Expected return: Bristol City - Saturday, January 22

Kieffer Moore

Kieffer Moore is looking unlikely to be fit until the back end of this month.

The striker had a scan on an ankle injury he sustained against Bournemouth last week and looks set to miss a decent chunk of January.

To compound the issue, the Wales striker has also contracted coronavirus again, after missing the start of the season following his positive test upon return from the Euros.

Morison said: "He went for his scan and he has got what we thought he had, so it's still the same time frame.

"But he is now off with Covid."

Expected return: End of January

Sam Bowen

Sam Bowen is another who has missed a lot of football this season, suffering with a plantar fascia problem.

The foot injury has in fact kept him out since October 20, when he was actually beginning to find his feet in the middle of the park.

However, having missed so much action, Morison heeded caution and patience when it came to the player's potential return. He will need to build up fitness and form with the under-23s before he is in contention again.

Morison said: "He has come back into training.

"He has done three training sessions. He has been off for a long time so he has got a long way to go to be in contention.

"He will have to play some under-23s games and earn his place back in the squad when he is back to the level he was at prior to getting injured."

Tom Sang

There is some good news, though, pertaining to Tom Sang.

The utility man has played only three Championship matches this season, the last of which came back in September, and has suffered with a toe, on which he had surgery back in the summer.

But Sang is looking likely to be in contention for this weekend. Quite where Morison will play him remains to be seen, but for him to be back on the pitch again does represent a boost.

Morison said: "He is fit, he just hasn't been in the squads. I've put other people in the squad because of the options on the bench are what I needed.

"He is fit and available for selection on Sunday."

Expected return: Preston - Sunday, January 9

Isaac Vassell

It is going on almost two-and-a-half years since Isaac Vassell last kicked a football in a competitive senior match for Cardiff City.

There have been false dawns along the way with regards to his potential return, so it is understandable that Morison was reticent to nail down a return date.

What he could say, though, is that it is hoped by the end of the month the striker is in a position to resume first-team training with the rest of the squad.

Morison said: "I'm told that he should be in a better place come the end of the month.

"That would be, maybe, just coming into full training with us, rather than being available for match minutes.

"With Vas, as we've seen all along, it's literally just week by week. He is out on the grass today with Max.

"We just ask the question every time we come in, 'How did he get on? Did he get through it?' That's the main thing and then we are on to the next day."

Expected return: Unknown

Re: Injury Update: Kieffer has Covid again

Didn't a load of Bournemouth players and staff go down with Covid just after we played them?
    Suspect they were contagious when we played, and prob where KM picked it up (any more off ours got it?).

Kovid Moore.

Has he been jabbed? I know he probably would have still got it at least once but if I was a pro athlete I’d be worried about the effect having it twice and being unvaxxed could have on my lung capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Has he been jabbed? I know he probably would have still got it at least once but if I was a pro athlete I’d be worried about the effect having it twice and being unvaxxed could have on my lung capacity.
    Didnt he get Covid then went into isolation as a contact as he hadnt been jabbed.

As a pro athlete I’d have a bigger concern of the potential effects the jab has on your heart

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    As a pro athlete I’d have a bigger concern of the potential effects the jab has on your heart
    In terms of balance or risk and evidence that would be ****ing stupid.

In terms of balance or risk and evidence that would be ****ing stupid.
    Is it though? I get your point for the population on the whole but for a healthy 20 something athlete covid is extremely unlikely to cause any problems.

He now has also had two shots of natural vaccine.

Of course he may even be jabbed to be fair.

Seems funny that Wintle, our own player now needs international clearance to play for us again.

It probably makes sense but not something I'd have thought about in this scenario.

As a pro athlete I’d follow the advice of actual scientists and ignore anti-vaxx misinformation such as you have posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    As a pro athlete I’d follow the advice of actual scientists and ignore anti-vaxx misinformation such as you have posted here.
    It's not misinformation though is it?

. Of course it bloody is, have you been living in a cave? Some of the crap anti-vaxxers come out with is laughable 🤦*♂️

It is absolutely misinformation. You’re more likely to have a heart attack from covid ffs based on every available metric.

I don’t know where you get your news but you always dem to have an “open mind” about everything wrong

Joe Rogan special mind so open the brain has slid out

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Is it though? I get your point for the population on the whole but for a healthy 20 something athlete covid is extremely unlikely to cause any problems.

It isn’t 2 shots of a natural vaccine though, does no one read the news?

Plenty of 20 somethings have suffered long term damage from covid too. And there has been a study that showed a decline in a footballers performance quite a while after contracting covid when not jabbed.

My favourite thing about football anti vaxxers is they’ve grown up eating and taking whatever their football club tells them. Will inject stuff into them so they can play through injury but now won’t listen to actual doctors and experts and statistics around the world that show them how beneficial taking a vaccine is.

****ing doughnuts.

Absolutely mental that this has become a culture war, same idiots who bought into brexit and trump usually too.

It is dangerous misinformation, spread by idiots who are holding the world back through listening to Debbie or Jason on Facebook instead of taking on board the advice given by tried and trusted experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Long covid seems quite a big thing with young people…..not heard of many dropping dead with heart attacks? Or have I missed what would be massive news

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It is dangerous misinformation, spread by idiots who are holding the world back through listening to Debbie or Jason on Facebook instead of taking on board the advice given by tried and trusted experts.
    We're talking about athletes not Fat Tony from down the pub

Their risk profiles are totally different

Aguero - had a long standing heart condition
    Charlie Wyke - unvaxxed
    Christian Eriksen - unvaxxed
    John Fleck - had covid

COVID is the issue, plus all the other mental caffeine supplements they are taking. It is absolute grade A bollocks to say it is linked to the vaccine.

The University of Twitter and Facebook have a lot to answer for with their virology degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Aguero - had a long standing heart condition
    Charlie Wyke - unvaxxed
    Christian Eriksen - unvaxxed
    John Fleck - had covid

COVID is the issue, plus all the other mental caffeine supplements they are taking. It is absolute grade A bollocks to say it is linked to the vaccine.
    Yeah covid is a bigger cause of heart problems than the vaccine and it’s well documented.

I know 2 people who has covid in the first wave and both had a heart attack.

There is genuine evidence and genuine experts all around the world agreeing on this but still people come up with shit like this.

I saw someone the other day write you never saw heart attacks in football stands before the vaccine but you did the players just always kept playing.

We're talking about athletes not Fat Tony from down the pub

Their risk profiles are totally different
    Exactly, even worse, unvaccinated athletes, putting others at risk, mixing in changing rooms, being amongst staff at training grounds, no doubt mixing freely post match with unsuspecting well wishers etc etc unchallenged, playing in grounds filled with spectators who’ve had to show proof of vaccination to watch the fools play. Selfish idiotic twats.

https://rumble.com/vqt3p6-jre-1747-d...ccullough.html

Is that now twice or three times we are told Keiffer Moore has had it?

Intetesting interview from the eminent Dr Peter McCullough speaking on this very issue at approx 52 mins.

StT.
    <><

This is the second transfer window that he’s contracted covid.

He must be desperate to stay

Covid infection is more likely to cause myocarditis than the vaccine: https://www.newscientist.com/article...n-vaccination/