+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injury Update: Kieffer has Covid again

Re: Injury Update: Kieffer has Covid again

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Long covid seems quite a big thing with young people…..not heard of many dropping dead with heart attacks? Or have I missed what would be massive news
    I saw this stat from Parliament's website (https://post.parliament.uk/long-covi...of-covid-19/):
    "The ONS estimated that the percentage of people suffering Long COVID in the overall population (i.e., not only those infected) by age group are:
    28% of people aged 17 to 24
    79% of people aged 25 to 34
    55% of people aged 35 to 49"

Long Covid seems to be a bigger problem than I thought, and I thought it's a significant problem

What is long Covid though? Everything tasted / smelt like diesel fumes for a couple of months afterwards (Sept 2020). But my health has been poor since, if that the diabetes, my Afib , my arthritis or I’m just getting old! All of those seem to have the same symptoms as long Covid. As my missus succinctly puts it I’m ready for the knackers yard.

People talk about freedoms and personal liberties being curtailed. The freedom of choice to be vaccinated. The freedom to go down the pub or a football match. The freedom of speech. The freedom of choice. The freedom to use medical cannabis to treat chronic pain. The freedom of movement.

The freedom to peacefully protest.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, even worse, unvaccinated athletes, putting others at risk, mixing in changing rooms, being amongst staff at training grounds, no doubt mixing freely post match with unsuspecting well wishers etc etc unchallenged, playing in grounds filled with spectators who’ve had to show proof of vaccination to watch the fools play. Selfish idiotic twats.
    in much the same way as healthcare professionals who are refusing to take a jab . I notice Savid Javid was on the back lash from a doctor regarding this yesterday . As mentioned before an estimated 50,000 - 80,000 front line healthcare professionals in England face losing there job on April the 1'st if they don't get fully jabbed at a time when the NHS is crippled with a shortage of staff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOlEYcd1nyI

you've got to ask yourself why so many healthcare professionals not taking it ? This doctor does have a valid point mind regarding anti bodies if you have had covid .

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    in much the same way as healthcare professionals who are refusing to take a jab . I notice Savid Javid was on the back lash from a doctor regarding this yesterday . As mentioned before an estimated 50,000 - 80,000 front line healthcare professionals in England face losing there job on April the 1'st if they don't get fully jabbed at a time when the NHS is crippled with a shortage of staff

you've got to ask yourself why so many healthcare professionals not taking it ? This doctor does have a valid point mind regarding anti bodies if you have had covid .
    Couldn't you also ask why these are in the minority?

I spoke to an extremely experienced hospital consultant yesterday who said that the Dr in the clip with Sajid Javid was talking complete bollocks. Also, the clip shown was edited,the full clip is available on Twitter and shows Javid replying

International

But he hasn't had it.

T cells are more important for fighting the virus than anti bodies. That doctor is talking absolute bollocks.

Plus he’s an anesthetist why would his opinion on vaccination be more valid than genuine virologists?

I could not give much of a shit if people don’t take it at this point to be honest but I hope they don’t get covid especially if they are even slightly out of shape. All the evidence is there, it all points to getting the vaccine. Good luck to whoever doesn’t have it, I wouldn’t want to risk getting a novel virus without a vaccine, especially now it’s had chance to mutate.