Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
He's not wrong in saying that in the UK and most of Europe that England's approach is the exception rather than the norm though is he?

Also not wrong in saying that Boris Johnson is politically paralysed, he'd struggle to get any new restrictions past his own backbenchers.

24 NHS Trusts in England have now declared a critical incident, I think he got asked a (slightly leading) question and answered it pretty accurately to be honest
It's a fair point on the 'political paralysis' but nonetheless it's an attack, whereas he could just say that England are doing what they think is best and we are doing what we think is best. He politicised the answer...although I suppose thats what politicians do, but it just feels like constant points scoring and I genuinely dont think that comes from England as much, although they certainly should be criticised in other respects.

I am not privy to all current restrictions across Europe but I don't think Englands approach is particularly an outlier. The restrictions are less severe than many countries I am sure, but I dont think they are alone, and there are numerous restrictions in place even if it is more liberal than Wales.