Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
It's a fair point on the 'political paralysis' but nonetheless it's an attack, whereas he could just say that England are doing what they think is best and we are doing what we think is best. He politicised the answer...although I suppose thats what politicians do, but it just feels like constant points scoring and I genuinely dont think that comes from England as much, although they certainly should be criticised in other respects.

I am not privy to all current restrictions across Europe but I don't think Englands approach is particularly an outlier. The restrictions are less severe than many countries I am sure, but I dont think they are alone, and there are numerous restrictions in place even if it is more liberal than Wales.
I travelled through Spain, France, England and Wales during December and England was by far the most lax in terms of Covid measures.

England was also the only place that required a test to enter. I guess they have to exercise the fact they have their borders back or something.

Boris Johnson is a populist along the lines of Bolsonaro or Orban when it comes to the pandemic.

Drakeford's policies have been comparable to those in the rest of Western Europe.