+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drakeford pulled no punches then

Re: Drakeford pulled no punches then

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Ive heard this is a really good service and available from UK Gov, not Wales gov. Good to see they are not being parochial and will supply people in Wales despite Drakeford's unnecessary critical comments about England today
    All funded by national taxation, I don’t think English tax payers are sticking the stamps on envelopes to Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We gave England a million or so LFT's for free, that's not being parochial in my book

Yes, a Drakeford twist.....We gave a million tests. You know they come in boxes of 7 tests...so about 140,000 boxes. Maybe they are being used to supply you when you request them by post from UK gov.

And as I said earlier Welsh pharmacies were running out of LFT supplies. One pharmacist I spoke said she hadn't received enough to meet demand for days, and this is not uncommon.

For me, it is the banning of fans from outdoor sporting events that gives the game away over the real motivation for the restrictions in Wales. All WAG had to do was tell clubs to close tv screens, betting outlets, bars, food outlets and hospitality areas during matches, not allow fans to congregate in large numbers outside or inside the stadiums and if they really thought it was needed, restrict stadium capacities to some extent and enforce social distancing measures inside the bowls. That would have been a proportionate response to the new variant. To bans fans totally when there is clear evidence that outdoor sports events are low risk is totally nonsensical and totally politically motivated.

Yes, a Drakeford twist.....We gave a million tests. You know they come in boxes of 7 tests...so about 140,000 boxes. Maybe they are being used to supply you when you request them by post from UK gov.

And as I said earlier Welsh pharmacies were running out of LFT supplies. One pharmacist I spoke said she hadn't received enough to meet demand for days, and this is not uncommon.
    Only 9 million tests off. Close though.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...re-covid-tests

No wonder Marky boy is lashing out.

Covid case rates in Wales are rising almost three times faster than those in England despite tougher restrictions being in place, according to the latest figures.

People in Wales have been living under alert level two measures since Boxing Day.

Despite Welsh measures, the country's Covid cases have almost doubled since Dec 26, with an overall increase of 94 per cent, according to the latest government data. In comparison, England's cases have increased by only 34 per cent.

Cases in Wales have risen almost three times faster than in England

Rolling weekly Covid-19 cases per 100,000, by specimen date

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Only 9 million tests off. Close though.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...re-covid-tests
    That's for the update....so we've not given England any tests...we have just loaned them 10 million. Trust we will get them back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No wonder Marky boy is lashing out.

Covid case rates in Wales are rising almost three times faster than those in England despite tougher restrictions being in place, according to the latest figures.

People in Wales have been living under alert level two measures since Boxing Day.

Despite Welsh measures, the country's Covid cases have almost doubled since Dec 26, with an overall increase of 94 per cent, according to the latest government data. In comparison, England's cases have increased by only 34 per cent.

Cases in Wales have risen almost three times faster than in England

Rolling weekly Covid-19 cases per 100,000, by specimen date
    Are people sticking to the restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are people reporting all test results?
    Are people taking advantage of being able to self-certify sickness for up to 28 days?

That's for the update....so we've not given England any tests...we have just loaned them 10 million. Trust we will get them back soon.
    Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Are people reporting all test results?
    Are people taking advantage of being able to self-certify sickness for up to 28 days?
    Not familiar at all with working/sickness procedures but aren’t some on a six month full pay/six month half pay deal? If I was involved in such a scheme and I had a few months in the ‘bank’ I maybe, just maybe tempted to take a bit of an advantage, especially on these cold, dark, wet mornings.

Don’t think so…I wonder why cases are higher in Cardiff than Bristol where there are far fewer restrictions?

Well, nobody will be going to any gigs in Wales this week. Nobody will be going to any nightclubs this weekend. Nobody will be going to watch Newport or Swansea tomorrow, or the City on Sunday. And if anybody can be arsed to go to their local pub this weekend, they’ll have to twat around with table service, the so-called rule of six, wearing masks when not seated and all that bollocks. So, like it or not, some people will be sticking to the restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Well, nobody will be going to any gigs in Wales this week. Nobody will be going to any nightclubs this weekend. Nobody will be going to watch Newport or Swansea tomorrow, or the City on Sunday. And if anybody can be arsed to go to their local pub this weekend, they’ll have to twat around with table service, the so-called rule of six, wearing masks when not seated and all that bollocks. So, like it or not, some people will be sticking to the restrictions.
    To be fair nobody was going to go watch the City on Sunday anyway

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's a fair point on the 'political paralysis' but nonetheless it's an attack, whereas he could just say that England are doing what they think is best and we are doing what we think is best. He politicised the answer...although I suppose thats what politicians do, but it just feels like constant points scoring and I genuinely dont think that comes from England as much, although they certainly should be criticised in other respects.

I am not privy to all current restrictions across Europe but I don't think Englands approach is particularly an outlier. The restrictions are less severe than many countries I am sure, but I dont think they are alone, and there are numerous restrictions in place even if it is more liberal than Wales.
    I travelled through Spain, France, England and Wales during December and England was by far the most lax in terms of Covid measures.

England was also the only place that required a test to enter. I guess they have to exercise the fact they have their borders back or something.

Boris Johnson is a populist along the lines of Bolsonaro or Orban when it comes to the pandemic.

Drakeford's policies have been comparable to those in the rest of Western Europe.

Go to a gig in Bristol, always had better bands there anyway, less covid too

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking Mike Flynn should be the next president of Wales ?

So there will be less opportunity for people to get Covid and less opportunity to add pressure on to our essential services. Frustrating if you like getting out and about but the flip side isn't all that bad.

Too many people throwing toys out of prams because they can’t walk to the bar or watch a game of football. It’s all a bit of a pain in the arse until you need an ambulance pdq.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Too many people throwing toys out of prams because they can’t walk to the bar or watch a game of football. It’s all a bit of a pain in the arse until you need an ambulance pdq.
    Or are wondering why their routine hospital appointment has been delayed 2 months, or they can't get a train etc.

Don't worry wugger is back soon along with all those caring pissed up wugger fans , who love Charlie Drakeford

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Don't worry wugger is back soon along with all those caring pissed up wugger fans , who love Charlie Drakeford
    I presume you don't believe a word you just wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    F*ck me, if the NHS employed 1,400,000 million people we could treat the world

It’s employs close to that amount , not counting agency staff

It’s the biggest employer in Europe and one of the biggest in the world

https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-info...s/january-2021

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s employs close to that amount , not counting agency staff

It’s the biggest employer in Europe and one of the biggest in the world

https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-info...s/january-2021
    Think splottparker was referring to 1.4 million million!

A whoosh moment then the fact is the NHS is less under pressure now than it was in 2017/18 apparently

In 2017/18 It got so bad that 68 leading A&E doctors wrote to the prime minister to spell out their concerns.
    This is not now though. It was the winter of 2017-18 - the last bad flu season when more than 300 people a day were dying from that virus at one point.
    And that was not even a one-off. In January 2016 hospitals were cancelling routine operations, telling patients to stay away from A&E if they could, and emergency treatment areas were being set up outside some units - just as they are now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59909860

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    A whoosh moment then the fact is the NHS is less under pressure now than it was in 2017/18 apparently

In 2017/18 It got so bad that 68 leading A&E doctors wrote to the prime minister to spell out their concerns.
    This is not now though. It was the winter of 2017-18 - the last bad flu season when more than 300 people a day were dying from that virus at one point.
    And that was not even a one-off. In January 2016 hospitals were cancelling routine operations, telling patients to stay away from A&E if they could, and emergency treatment areas were being set up outside some units - just as they are now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59909860
    That chart showing UK public spending on health is the stand out one, look how it plummeted in 2010. Glad the current shambles have pledged to bring that back up to what it needs to be. We must have lost a fair few oldies in the last few years going from flu to covid crisis….