+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drakeford pulled no punches then

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Drakeford pulled no punches then

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Begging bowl? Who helped the UK Government out when they didn’t have enough LFTs?
    They still haven't got enough LFTs.

Boris Johnson announced his Plan B for England on 8 December. We tried to get hold of LFTs from pharmacies in Sheffield from the following day. Tried over 20 pharmacies in a 10 mile radius regularly. No chance. None in stock and they have never been in stock for more than a few hours a few times a week - and never at a time when we try to get them. Plan B relied on self testing with LFTs - and it has been a shambles from day one.

Welsh LFT Aid never made it as far as us, but it is one small indication of where the planning and competence was - not in England!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Boris Johnson announced his Plan B for England on 8 December. We tried to get hold of LFTs from pharmacies in Sheffield from the following day. Tried over 20 pharmacies in a 10 mile radius regularly. No chance. None in stock and they have never been in stock for more than a few hours a few times a week - and never at a time when we try to get them. Plan B relied on self testing with LFTs - and it has been a shambles from day one.

Welsh LFT Aid never made it as far as us, but it is one small indication of where the planning and competence was - not in England!
    Drakeford will be accused of wasting tax payers money by ordering too many LFT's .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

This whole issue of LFTs is a farce. At short notice the politicians in the home nations decide the need for more flow tests. As with any supply surge it needs managing. The way we in Wales ( and probably England) was to get a well known UK wide pharmaceutical wholesaler to distribute these to pharmacies. Health authorities oversaw the issue and for expedience most pharmacies got a large box full of tests per day, whether a busy high street chemist or a quiet village pharmacy. Then the wholesaler stopped distribution from Christmas Eve until 29th December as they closed for Christmas!

As for Wales kind gesture to England in supplying 1 million tests, very short sighted as many of the local pharmacies in my area of Cardiff have not been able to get supplies and from news bulletins this seems to be a problem throughout Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    This whole issue of LFTs is a farce. At short notice the politicians in the home nations decide the need for more flow tests. As with any supply surge it needs managing. The way we in Wales ( and probably England) was to get a well known UK wide pharmaceutical wholesaler to distribute these to pharmacies. Health authorities oversaw the issue and for expedience most pharmacies got a large box full of tests per day, whether a busy high street chemist or a quiet village pharmacy. Then the wholesaler stopped distribution from Christmas Eve until 29th December as they closed for Christmas!

As for Wales kind gesture to England in supplying 1 million tests, very short sighted as many of the local pharmacies in my area of Cardiff have not been able to get supplies and from news bulletins this seems to be a problem throughout Wales.
    We have registered online and we get our LFT's delivered for free, without fail. Fantastic service. You should try it if you're having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We have registered online and we get our LFT's delivered for free, without fail. Fantastic service. You should try it if you're having problems.
    Cheers Tuerto, that was simple

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Cheers Tuerto, that was simple
    You're welcome mate, although don't expect me to deliver them as well

You're welcome mate, although don't expect me to deliver them as well
    I shall be expecting you to administer the tests actually.

Ive heard this is a really good service and available from UK Gov, not Wales gov. Good to see they are not being parochial and will supply people in Wales despite Drakeford's unnecessary critical comments about England today

Ive heard this is a really good service and available from UK Gov, not Wales gov. Good to see they are not being parochial and will supply people in Wales despite Drakeford's unnecessary critical comments about England today
    We gave England a million or so LFT's for free, that's not being parochial in my book

We gave England a million or so LFT's for free, that's not being parochial in my book

Yes, a Drakeford twist.....We gave a million tests. You know they come in boxes of 7 tests...so about 140,000 boxes. Maybe they are being used to supply you when you request them by post from UK gov.

And as I said earlier Welsh pharmacies were running out of LFT supplies. One pharmacist I spoke said she hadn't received enough to meet demand for days, and this is not uncommon.

All funded by national taxation, I don’t think English tax payers are sticking the stamps on envelopes to Wales

Never had an issue with it either here, We shouldn’t have too many issues really for such a small population…..