+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sounds like Wintle’s loan was down to McCarthy,

Sounds like Wintle’s loan was down to McCarthy,

I’d wondered if McCarthy had been told someone had to go out on loan and it just so happened that Blackpool came in for Wintle first, but it doesn’t look like that was the case according to this.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-ryan-22676630

Re: Sounds like Wintle’s loan was down to McCarthy,

Wonder if the player going out on loan is Bowen, too. He's now got 5 first team CMs ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wonder if the player going out on loan is Bowen, too. He's now got 5 first team CMs ahead of him.
    that would make sense, as 3 of those could be leaving in the summer, and if he's playing regularly somewhere at a decent standard it may mean we only need to sign 1 or 2 more

Based on what Steve Morison said at his press conference today, I doubt it if it’s Bowen. He’s only just started training again and our manager was talking in terms of him playing under 23 matches to show he’s ready for first team consideration again.

I’ll guess it’s Keiron Evans to County - I’m slightly more confident that I’ve got the club right than the player.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Based on what Steve Morison said at his press conference today, I doubt it if it’s Bowen. He’s only just started training again and our manager was talking in terms of him playing under 23 matches to show he’s ready for first team consideration again.

I’ll guess it’s Keiron Evans to County - I’m slightly more confident that I’ve got the club right than the player.
    Im hoping it's not Bowen Id like to see him back in the first team ASAP. Good shout on Evans I think.

My guess Wintle may not deliver what we think he will , let's be fair if he is that good what right minded manager would let player go .

Hopefully it's Bacuna.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My guess Wintle may not deliver what we think he will , let's be fair if he is that good what right minded manager would let player go .
    Blackpool's manager didn't have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Correct, a right minded manager didn’t let him go. He must have delivered a bit as he’s had plaudits playing regularly for a side well above us in the table.