+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Very Sad News - Labour MP Jack Dromey dies

Very Sad News - Labour MP Jack Dromey dies

Re: Very Sad News

Interesting that there have been zero replies to this thread up to now. Here we have a decent, hard working M.P., respected by politicians of all persuasions, a family man who had no mistresses or expensive flats refurbished at tax payers expense, and held no lavish parties during lockdown. Apparently a boring individual of little interest.

RIP Jack Dromey M.P. Died suddenly and unexpectedly 7th January 2022.

And he was addressing MP’s in Parliament the day before.

RIP

How a politician should be. Hard working, unassuming constituency politician with little grandeur of power.
    Others could learn alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Interesting that there have been zero replies to this thread up to now. Here we have a decent, hard working M.P., respected by politicians of all persuasions, a family man who had no mistresses or expensive flats refurbished at tax payers expense, and held no lavish parties during lockdown. Apparently a boring individual of little interest.

Have to say, I recognised the name but that's it. Probably exactly the sort of person you want as your MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

I didn't open the thread until just now - the title doesn't give many clues!

Jack Dromey always seemed a decent and respected MP - and one that was willing and able to work with and for Miliband, Corbyn and Starmer - so not big on factionalism.

He didn't really register with me as an MP but I remember him from various T&G/Unite campaigns, and especially the major role he played supporting the Grunwick strikers. I think he wrote a book about the strike?

Married to another nice Labour MP( Harriet Harman ) who I'd love to seen as Labour Leader .

Suprised folk dont know him hes been a shadow minister for Corbyn and Sir Kier

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Have to say, I recognised the name but that's it. Probably exactly the sort of person you want as your MP.
    Logic would indicate he is indeed the type of MP you'd want, as long as you ignore him being on the executive committee of NCCL when PIE were infiltrating, ignore the £3.5m of loans in the "Cash for peerages" scandal which he claimed to know nothing of despite being Labour party treasurer along with the illegal donations made to the party in 2007. Apart from all that...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Married to another nice Labour MP( Harriet Harman ) who I'd love to seen as Labour Leader .
    Twice interim leader.

The last time - in 2015 - she imposed a 3 line whip on Labour MPs to abstain on rather than oppose the Welfare Reform Bill. Many will never forgive her for that and I suspect (with hindsight) she regrets it. Not very 'nice' for the poor victims of that legislation!

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate he is indeed the type of MP you'd want, as long as you ignore him being on the executive committee of NCCL when PIE were infiltrating, ignore the £3.5m of loans in the "Cash for peerages" scandal which he claimed to know nothing of despite being Labour party treasurer along with the illegal donations made to the party in 2007. Apart from all that...
    You've got a long memory.....or perhaps you've been busy on wikipedia?

That would certainly count against him, yes.

I was going to post this, wasnt his missus also implicated in the PIE stuff?

They also sent their kids to private school, which I haven't an issue with, but they and their Party were against private education!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Twice interim leader.

The last time - in 2015 - she imposed a 3 line whip on Labour MPs to abstain on rather than oppose the Welfare Reform Bill. Many will never forgive her for that and I suspect (with hindsight) she regrets it. Not very 'nice' for the poor victims of that legislation!
    Very poor of you Jon.

This thread is about the death of a well-respected MP and you bring up an issue that solely relates to his widow.

I suspect (with hindsight) that you now regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Very poor of you Jon.

This thread is about the death of a well-respected MP and you bring up an issue that solely relates to his widow.

I didn't bring up Harriet Harman. I was responding to the poster who introduced her into this thread.

My comments on Jack Dromey are at #6 if you're interested.

Re: Very Sad News - Labour MP Jack Dromey dies

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Very poor of you Jon.

Harriet Harmen and Jack were big family friends with Margaret Hodge don't think any were big fans of Corbyn , and Corbyns fans don't like them .