+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened To Our Angry City Fans

What Happened To Our Angry City Fans

I can remember demonstrations , gatherings ,vocal expression , social/ media outpouring about things like re branding and here we are with a senseless Welsh Government ban on sport events all of which could all be easily be controlled with proof of double vaccines and booster only attendances ( and yes strict vaccine passport entry games ) .

We were told a long time ago sensible social distancing in out door settings would be safer and healthier than indoor cramped indoor environments .

Having had going to work yesterday, had a few beers after in pubs , did some shopping this morning I would estimate I came in contact with hundreds of people in an indoor environment putting me at a far great risk than being sitting in our 30k stadium with say 12/13k fans in the open air .

And people still say these are sensible measures and not an attack of ones freedoms .

The best rule of all was threatening fines on workers £60 attempting to go to work if they were found able to work from home , but not fine them if they were in a pub for 5 hours with hundreds of others .

Bonkers and worrying .

Re: What Happened To Our Angry City Fans

C’mon now, don’t rewrite things, workers weren’t threatened with fines, their employers were.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I can remember demonstrations , gatherings ,vocal expression , social/ media outpouring about things like re branding and here we are with a senseless Welsh Government ban on sport events all of which could all be easily be controlled with proof of double vaccines and booster only attendances ( and yes strict vaccine passport entry games ) .

We were told a long time ago sensible social distancing in out door settings would be safer and healthier than indoor cramped indoor environments .

Having had going to work yesterday, had a few beers after in pubs , did some shopping this morning I would estimate I came in contact with hundreds of people in an indoor environment putting me at a far great risk than being sitting in our 30k stadium with say 12/13k fans in the open air .

And people still say these are sensible measures and not an attack of ones freedoms .

The best rule of all was threatening fines on workers £60 attempting to go to work if they were found able to work from home , but not fine them if they were in a pub for 5 hours with hundreds of others .

Bonkers and worrying .
    Your last observation, "Bonkers and worrying."

Sum you up.

Your head must continuously have two Tonka toys crashing into each other and then you verbalise the results.

I'm hoping you're intentionally being funny?

Bonkers and worrying .
    I think quite a few walked away from the club they loved after a particular meeting was invaded red shirt supporting thugs threatening to 'bury them'. I doubt the people I'm thinking of would have been on the wrong side of the covid/vaccine argument though.

Bonkers and worrying .
    Could it be that very few are as angry as you and you're pissed off that more don't think like you (thankfully)?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Could it be that very few are as angry as you and you're pissed off that more don't think like you (thankfully)?
    Pissed more like!

Quote Originally Posted by ivandobsky View Post
    I think quite a few walked away from the club they loved after a particular meeting was invaded red shirt supporting thugs threatening to 'bury them'. I doubt the people I'm thinking of would have been on the wrong side of the covid/vaccine argument though.
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Pissed more like!
    At 11.28am would be slightly worrying though....

Yes agree, but I worry for him every time he posts.

Yes agree, but I worry for him every time he posts.
    Google ‘Stanley Unwin’

Lots of people micro dosing these days to try and maintain some form of happiness, as mad as it sounds, it is occurring

What a load of utter bollocks.
    Real protests have stopped since we left Ninian Park long before the red shit.

Bonkers and worrying .
    So tired of the pubs being open argument. It doesn't mean that pubs are safer than stadiums, it just means the WG have decided to prioritise hospitality over sports when trying to reduce the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    So tired of the pubs being open argument. It doesn't mean that pubs are safer than stadiums, it just means the WG have decided to prioritise hospitality over sports when trying to reduce the spread.
    I agree. In other words, it is absolutely nothing to do with the level of risk of catching Covid. That is the exact opposite of what WAG have stated they are trying to do. Its shameful really.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I agree. In other words, it is absolutely nothing to do with the level of risk of catching Covid. That is the exact opposite of what WAG have stated they are trying to do. Its shameful really.
    It ceased to be purely about 'covid' a long while ago..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think it's more a case of trying to manage a difficult situation, taking into account a broader view of the impact of the disease.

If Drakeford had decided to close down pubs he'd have even more toys thrown out of prams and he would have the hospitality sector vehemently deriding him. I'm sure he understands the present arrangements aren't perfect but he's gone for as balanced a response as possible.

As for large gatherings at outdoor events these are not so easy to manage and I suspect many in all the UK government's will recall that it was the Liverpool v Atletico Madrid match in early 2020 which was said to be responsible for the mass infection of the first wave of Covid. Who'd want his job, hey?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It ceased to be purely about 'covid' a long while ago..
    Agree, it's about Omicron now. We're all going to have to get used to this ever changing tapestry.

Agree, it's about Omicron now. We're all going to have to get used to this ever changing tapestry.
    Roll on next winter when we can look forward to Trojan and Zebedee.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Lol, Tau and Zeta I think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I had covid last summer and tested positive four days ago for this one so i wonder what the next one will be

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    What a load of utter bollocks.
    Real protests have stopped since we left Ninian Park long before the red shit.
    What exactly is bollocks ?
    I replied to a post that specifically mentioned the rebranding. There's a whole load of fans that were preparing and organising protests against that and they have walked away from the club, as I understand it more because of the reaction from fellow City fans than anything else.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I had covid last summer and tested positive four days ago for this one so i wonder what the next one will be

If you’ve had the two previous versions the next iteration of this virus will be for whom the bell tolls

What exactly is bollocks ?
    I replied to a post that specifically mentioned the rebranding. There's a whole load of fans that were preparing and organising protests against that and they have walked away from the club, as I understand it more because of the reaction from fellow City fans than anything else.
    Ok daydream believer

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Your last observation, "Bonkers and worrying."

Sum you up.

Your head must continuously have two Tonka toys crashing into each other and then you verbalise the results.

I'm hoping you're intentionally being funny?
    Alright Mark?

Ok daydream believer
    Wasn't there a fairly large protest march before the Liverpool game in the PL?

I also remember some kind of protest against Ridsdale