+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fa Cup 4th Rd - LIVERPOOL AWAY, 12 noon Feb 6th

Re: Fa Cup 4th Round - LIVERPOOL AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I bet you saw us play in quarters!
    Give us an R....Give us an I.....Give us a V......
    Bartley Wilson’s Chocolate & Amber Army

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Give us an R....Give us an I.....Give us a V......
    Bartley Wilson’s Chocolate & Amber Army

[QUOTE=Vindec;5262537]
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

The FA. The 45% for each team is after deduction of the Home club's expenses.
    Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think there will be 7 live games, 3 on the BBC, 4 on ITV. Liverpool are big in terms of commercial interest so it'll be live. In seasons gone by, when FA cup rights have changed hands between BBC and ITV, ITV have been more likely to show the big clubs, even if their games have been straightforward, simply because of revenue.
    S4c will show it if nobody else?

There are prem fixtures the following week. Everton play Tuesday night and Liverpool Thursday so our game is likely to be Sunday or Monday with the Toffees playing Friday or Saturday.

We are due to play Peterborough on the Tuesday so hopefully that rules out the Monday slot and our game moves to Wednesday.

Whatever happens Klopp will be playing the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    loads of hotels aswell, mainly the chains, a few Hiltons, Jury's inn was right on the front which looked decent enough
    Stayed in the Beatles hotel once about 15 years ago, only time I’ve been to Liverpool bar a visit to Tranmere back in the day

If you fancy somewhere a bit more upmarket to stay, me and the missus stayed in The Titanic hotel a year or so back and it was absolutely mint. Its in an old warehouse so quite a unique experience.

As for the city, I couldn't recommend it enough, fantastic place for a night out. What struck me was the amount of live bands on, every other venue seemed to have one. Also the people are lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'd love to go but not in those conditions these days.
    There were empty seats towards the home fans, on the right as you go in. Most people crowd behind the goal.

Bit surprised how much excitement the draw has created considering we've had two trips there in the last two PL campaigns and both were crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackityJones View Post

Whatever happens Klopp will be playing the kids.
    As will we, they’re holding it together for us at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    There were empty seats towards the home fans, on the right as you go in. Most people crowd behind the goal.
    Thanks Ian

Hard to believe it's a decade since we frightened the life out of Liverpool at Wembley - 2 of the best hours of watching City play in 55 years for me.

Historically Liverpool are trailing well behind City in head to heads 14W 2D 18L (!!)

Last FA Cup tie with them was at Anfield in January 1930 - and City won 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Bit surprised how much excitement the draw has created considering we've had two trips there in the last two PL campaigns and both were crap.
    8000+ tickets instead of 2,500. More chance of an upset in the cup than league. Losing in the cup doesn’t really matter compared to losing in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Yeah, a few of us left at half time and watched the 2nd half in the pub across the street, one of the worst away ends I’ve been in.

Hopefully if we get the whole Anfield Rd end it won’t be so congested this time…especially in the concourse areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Apparently the AFCON final is the same weekend as the 4th round so fingers crossed for an Egypt v Senegal final….🤞
    Think it’s the semi finals ? Hopefully Salah and/or Mané won’t be playing against us .

Egypt didn’t look too hot against Nigeria earlier, I’ll be surprised if they get to the semis. There are no prem games the week before our game so it’s likely to be Salah’s first game back if he does play. We’ll be target practice.

Looks like Klopp and Co have been naughty boys with false claims of positive Covid tests. I doubt they’re the only ones but they have been the most blatant. Tut tut.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpoo...onement-310678

Looks like Klopp and Co have been naughty boys with false claims of positive Covid tests. I doubt they’re the only ones but they have been the most blatant. Tut tut.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpoo...onement-310678
    If they're found to have lied to get the game postponed they should absolutely throw the book at them, it's a shame it's only the Carabao Cup so if they did get booted out they probably wouldn't care that much

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    If you fancy somewhere a bit more upmarket to stay, me and the missus stayed in The Titanic hotel a year or so back and it was absolutely mint. Its in an old warehouse so quite a unique experience.

As for the city, I couldn't recommend it enough, fantastic place for a night out. What struck me was the amount of live bands on, every other venue seemed to have one. Also the people are lovely
    A couple of years ago me, the missus and my boy had a few nights in Manchester. Easy by train, cheap, decent base to travel to other places. We had a day out in Liverpool. My lad wanted to see Anfield and Goodison Park, so got a bus around to both. Heading back into the city centre a young bloke, sitting by us on the bus, heard us talking and asked where in Wales we were from. Turns out he had a girlfriend from Maesteg and we must have nattered for 20 minutes or so about places to go around Bridgend, where I'm from originally.

I wouldn't go back to Manchester but Liverpool seems like a good weekend.

A couple of years ago me, the missus and my boy had a few nights in Manchester. Easy by train, cheap, decent base to travel to other places. We had a day out in Liverpool. My lad wanted to see Anfield and Goodison Park, so got a bus around to both. Heading back into the city centre a young bloke, sitting by us on the bus, heard us talking and asked where in Wales we were from. Turns out he had a girlfriend from Maesteg and we must have nattered for 20 minutes or so about places to go around Bridgend, where I'm from originally.

I wouldn't go back to Manchester but Liverpool seems like a good weekend.
    Cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Cool story bro
    I know when someone is taking the piss!

I know when someone is taking the piss!
    Moi? Shirley not!

By the way you just may have given yourself away as the south wales scouser who asked for those tickets in the Liverpool Tickets thread.
    And to think poor old Sludge got the blame!

Kick off 12pm Sunday 6th Feb live on ITV

Kick off 12pm Sunday 6th Feb live on ITV
    Noooooooo

Cardiff to Liverpool - 4 hours
    Leicester to Nottingham - 45 minutes

Guess which one is on at midday and which one is on at 4