+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fa Cup 4th Rd - LIVERPOOL AWAY, 12 noon Feb 6th

Re: Fa Cup 4th Round - LIVERPOOL AWAY

Six aways for first dibs? Let's hope it's scheduled for a Saturday or Sunday match.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I assume WG are compensating both clubs for today? I wonder how much.
    We probably would’ve lost money had fans been allowed in due to running costs and wages.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Six aways for first dibs? Let's hope it's scheduled for a Saturday or Sunday match.
    We've got 8,000 plus. There won't be any issue for anyone.

Would have rathered a more winnable tie but its not a bad alternative, certainly more excitable than a fair few others who would also probably stick a few past us.

Playing at Anfield will be useful experience for Colwill, Harris, Moore and Vaulks, ahead of the FAW moving the World Cup playoff games there in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    We've got 8,000 plus. There won't be any issue for anyone.
    8,000? I thought Shrewsbury got just under 6,000?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    8,000? I thought Shrewsbury got just under 6,000?
    https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport...ol-fa-cup-tie/

They returned over 2000 in the upper tier

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Playing at Anfield will be useful experience for Colwill, Harris, Moore and Vaulks, ahead of the FAW moving the World Cup playoff games there in March.
    Wales v Scotland at anfield for World Cup play off. Wales moving their home game.

I Can't see any reason why not to do such a thing that's bound to work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    The Liverpool game is the same weekend as wales first home game in 6 nations.

Under current rules you could have 100k people from (mainly) South Wales travelling to watch sport in England on buses, trains and coaches etc under no restrictions while in Wales it's illegal for Barry town to have 51 people outside watching in a 3000 capacity stadium (fortunately far more than that can watch inside from the bar).

Edit maybe more than 100k as I forget about all the South walian Liverpool fans who will be going also......
    Wales are away in Ireland on Feb 5th for the opening 6 nations fixture, which is FA Cup 4th Rd weekend.

The first 6 nations home game is the following week, Feb 12th v Scotland.

Any idea how soon the TV schedule will be confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by CrackityJones View Post
    Any idea how soon the TV schedule will be confirmed?
    I'd love our game to be 3pm on a Saturday, hoping TV big wigs will be more interested in other games. Last thing we want is a Friday night / Monday night game.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    I'd love our game to be 3pm on a Saturday, hoping TV big wigs will be more interested in other games. Last thing we want is a Friday night / Monday night game.
    I can imagine palace v Hartlepool, Bournemouth v boreham wood, Chelsea v Plymouth and Kidderminster v West Ham will be picked

Don’t know how many games are shown over the weekend though

Everton are at home as well so that will affect the scheduling, they cant both play on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    cracking weekend away
    Never made it to Anfield I must just have to go…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Dont get too excited. Lower tier is one of, if not, the worst for away fans' view just about anywhere. Hopefully we'll get the upper tier, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    I can imagine palace v Hartlepool, Bournemouth v boreham wood, Chelsea v Plymouth and Kidderminster v West Ham will be picked

Don’t know how many games are shown over the weekend though
    I think there will be 7 live games, 3 on the BBC, 4 on ITV. Liverpool are big in terms of commercial interest so it'll be live. In seasons gone by, when FA cup rights have changed hands between BBC and ITV, ITV have been more likely to show the big clubs, even if their games have been straightforward, simply because of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Dont get too excited. Lower tier is one of, if not, the worst for away fans' view just about anywhere. Hopefully we'll get the upper tier, too.
    I’ve heard it quite compact and feels smaller than it is….

It’s abysmal and quite dangerous when packed under the stand, building works going on there as well at present.

The upper tier obscures roughly one half of the pitch due to its angle. If you end up towards the back of the lower tier the view is terrible. Hence, get a ticket towards the front, get in early, stand your ground and think Grange End as everyone piles down the front anyway.....unless we get upper tier, too, which may help.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s abysmal and quite dangerous when packed under the stand, building works going on there as well at present.
    ....and the "locals" only have one song, most of whom by the away end looked lost when trying to find their seats and on their first visit to Anfield, straight off a plane. Hence "stand up and enjoy yourselves" and "show us your visas" from the City fans.

loads of hotels aswell, mainly the chains, a few Hiltons, Jury's inn was right on the front which looked decent enough

I'd love to go but not in those conditions these days.

Booked Adelphi, not as glamorous as it used to be 100 years ago, but very central, Friday to Monday (will have to book an extra night if we’re the Monday match). Sod the driving, so booked National Express, £41 return. Been looking to have a weekend away with a match chucked in but there’s not a lot of decent places in the Championship, Sheffield may have been a contender but Liverpool has come up trumps.

Booked Adelphi, not as glamorous as it used to be 100 years ago, but very central, Friday to Monday (will have to book an extra night if we’re the Monday match). Sod the driving, so booked National Express, £41 return. Been looking to have a weekend away with a match chucked in but there’s not a lot of decent places in the Championship, Sheffield may have been a contender but Liverpool has come up trumps.
    I bet you saw us play in quarters!

Right, who's been talking?