+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chester FC

Re: Chester FC

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its all a little pathetic

Not sure what whoever in Wales ( new article says "the Welsh government" ) that has started this ball rolling hopes to achieve

We all know Chester are a English club, who cares if the ground is in Wales and the car park in England, they are English, every football fan knows that
    The point is the English have to abide by Welsh law when in Wales and the pitch and stands are in Wales, so Welsh rules apply.

It’s not law,its guidance apparently, it will be interesting how this “plays” out that’s for sure.

Whatever it is they will have to abide otherwise it's a can of worms and it could lead to chaos, Cardiff and Swansea will then be saying they want to play in front of crowds and that there can't be one rule for one and another rule for someone else, their ground is in Wales, the Vetch and Ninian Park or whatever the new grounds are called are also in Wales so no difference, can't have one rule for one and another for someone else (or at least that shouldn't happen).

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Whatever it is they will have to abide otherwise it's a can of worms and it could lead to chaos, Cardiff and Swansea will then be saying they want to play in front of crowds and that there can't be one rule for one and another rule for someone else, their ground is in Wales, the Vetch and Ninian Park or whatever the new grounds are called are also in Wales so no difference, can't have one rule for one and another for someone else (or at least that shouldn't happen).
    Sure they will.

Vetch and Ninian Park or whatever the new grounds are called

You don’t know the names of Cardiff & Swansea’s new stadiums ?

Is it Soulless City and Woon Wonce ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Not sure they have been charged have they ?
    Only with battering rams a few centuries ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Vetch and Ninian Park or whatever the new grounds are called

You don’t know the names of Cardiff & Swansea’s new stadiums ?
    You've given him too many clues there already 🙂

its all a little pathetic

Not sure what whoever in Wales ( new article says "the Welsh government" ) that has started this ball rolling hopes to achieve

We all know Chester are a English club, who cares if the ground is in Wales and the car park in England, they are English, every football fan knows that
    I don't agree with the Welsh governments approach but how is that relevant? IKEA is Swedish, ought we follow swedish covid guidance when going there?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I don't agree with the Welsh governments approach but how is that relevant? IKEA is Swedish, ought we follow swedish covid guidance when going there?
    Sweden has a significantly lower death rate in relation to Covid-19 than Wales, so it might be wise.

thats a little silly, Chester are right on the border, car park in England, so hardly the same as Ikea

thats a little silly, Chester are right on the border, car park in England, so hardly the same as Ikea
    Basel airport is going to blow your mind.

The ground is in Wales. It's not "just a little bit" in Wales or "only just" in Wales. It's in Wales. Borders are absolute and it's a binary issue.

Now I don't agree with closing down sporting events In Wales. I don't really agree with devolution, and as far as I can tell the main policy objective over the crisis has been to do something different to England. And England is effectively run by a dangerous moron with a mop on his head, so I do have some sympathy for that approach. But I do agree with the rule of law and democracy. People voted for devolution and people voted to have drakeford call the shots. And that means grounds in Wales dont get to have spectators. Chester's ground is, categorically, in Wales. That it is in close proximity to the border is neither here nor there really.

International

The ground is in Wales. It's not "just a little bit" in Wales or "only just" in Wales. It's in Wales. Borders are absolute and it's a binary issue.

Now I don't agree with closing down sporting events In Wales. I don't really agree with devolution, and as far as I can tell the main policy objective over the crisis has been to do something different to England. And England is effectively run by a dangerous moron with a mop on his head, so I do have some sympathy for that approach. But I do agree with the rule of law and democracy. People voted for devolution and people voted to have drakeford call the shots. And that means grounds in Wales dont get to have spectators. Chester's ground is, categorically, in Wales. That it is in close proximity to the border is neither here nor there really.
    The front of the ground is in England, their games are policed by an English force the city is in england their supporters are english. To do what N Wales police did is petty beyond belief. They'd be better off using their time and resources to catch criminals.

No mind blown I am afraid, unless you are going to tell me it was a Ikea Flatpack airport

I have made it a house rule to ban garden parties from my garden. I've decided to hold one in next door's garden instead, after all, the fence is on the border with my garden.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Cardiff and Swansea aren't close to the english border tho, so allowing Chester to play with crowds doesn't set any type of precedent!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Cardiff and Swansea aren't close to the english border tho, so allowing Chester to play with crowds doesn't set any type of precedent!
    Wales is Wales, it's binary, it's either in Wales or it's not and it's in Wales, it should not matter if it's 1foot or 100 miles inside Wales it's Wales and Welsh rules should apply.

No mind blown I am afraid, unless you are going to tell me it was a Ikea Flatpack airport
    Basel (mostly in Switzerland) has an airport over the border just inside France...and adjacent to Germany. At arrivals you have a choice of straight on for France, turn left for Germany or nick a motorbike and have a good run up to the barbed wire fence that is the border for Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Basel (mostly in Switzerland) has an airport over the border just inside France...and adjacent to Germany. At arrivals you have a choice of straight on for France, turn left for Germany or nick a motorbike and have a good run up to the barbed wire fence that is the border for Switzerland.
    yes I was looking at flying into Europe before C19 to do some history ( World war stuff ) and came across it, think easyJet flew into it ? ? in the end ended up in Schiphol

talking of the barbed wire jump, I watched ( again ) over christmas the Guy Martin great escape jump, good viewing

yes I was looking at flying into Europe before C19 to do some history ( World war stuff ) and came across it, think easyJet flew into it ? ? in the end ended up in Schiphol

talking of the barbed wire jump, I watched ( again ) over christmas the Guy Martin great escape jump, good viewing
    I read C19 as the nineteenth century for a second

It was easyJet. I think we flew LPL to Basel. Might give the Guy Martin programme a look. There's a TV series investigating the weird and wonderful backgrounds to some international borders.

Chester have postponed their game on Saturday. Congratulations to the Welsh government. A massive victory in the battle against Covid-19 has been won. A small English non-league football club has had to call off a match. This is why Drakeford and Co were elected.

Hilarious really. A chance to apply a small amount of common sense completely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Chester have postponed their game on Saturday. Congratulations to the Welsh government. A massive victory in the battle against Covid-19 has been won. A small English non-league football club has had to call off a match. This is why Drakeford and Co were elected.
    Hes got covid on the run now!

https://twitter.com/ChesterFC/status...469296640?s=20

Lovely photo put up by Chester FC of Wales.