+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chester FC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Chester FC

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    thats a little silly, Chester are right on the border, car park in England, so hardly the same as Ikea
    Basel airport is going to blow your mind.

The ground is in Wales. It's not "just a little bit" in Wales or "only just" in Wales. It's in Wales. Borders are absolute and it's a binary issue.

Now I don't agree with closing down sporting events In Wales. I don't really agree with devolution, and as far as I can tell the main policy objective over the crisis has been to do something different to England. And England is effectively run by a dangerous moron with a mop on his head, so I do have some sympathy for that approach. But I do agree with the rule of law and democracy. People voted for devolution and people voted to have drakeford call the shots. And that means grounds in Wales dont get to have spectators. Chester's ground is, categorically, in Wales. That it is in close proximity to the border is neither here nor there really.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

The ground is in Wales. It's not "just a little bit" in Wales or "only just" in Wales. It's in Wales. Borders are absolute and it's a binary issue.

Now I don't agree with closing down sporting events In Wales. I don't really agree with devolution, and as far as I can tell the main policy objective over the crisis has been to do something different to England. And England is effectively run by a dangerous moron with a mop on his head, so I do have some sympathy for that approach. But I do agree with the rule of law and democracy. People voted for devolution and people voted to have drakeford call the shots. And that means grounds in Wales dont get to have spectators. Chester's ground is, categorically, in Wales. That it is in close proximity to the border is neither here nor there really.
    The front of the ground is in England, their games are policed by an English force the city is in england their supporters are english. To do what N Wales police did is petty beyond belief. They'd be better off using their time and resources to catch criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    No mind blown I am afraid, unless you are going to tell me it was a Ikea Flatpack airport