Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: they really don't like the welsh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

they really don't like the welsh

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owd-rules.html

shit rag i know,but you can't ignore the hate

Re: they really don't like the welsh

The Daily Fail and it's readers are defined by their hate for various things.

Living in a permanent state of outrage must be tiring.

Fair play to Drakeford, it took Oliver Cromwell 16 months to turn over Chester.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair play to Drakeford, it took Oliver Cromwell 16 months to turn over Chester.
    There ia an old law which states that it is OK to kill a Welshman in Chester on a Sunday with a bow and arrow as long as its within the city walls and after midnight.

There's probably someone on the city wall now, bow and arrow ready for Drakeford to appear

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    There ia an old law which states that it is OK to kill a Welshman in Chester on a Sunday as long as its within the city walls and after midnight.

There's probably someone on the city wall now, bow and arrow ready for Drakeford to appear

There ia an old law which states that it is OK to kill a Welshman in Chester on a Sunday with a bow and arrow as long as its within the city walls and after midnight.

No it isn’t!

The article underneath descrbes the situation in Northwest England, highest infection rates, NHS under massive pressure, staff shortages in schools etc. The hypocracy would be beyond belief, if it wasn’t in the Daily Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owd-rules.html

shit rag i know,but you can't ignore the hate
    Logic would indicate it's less a hatred of the Welsh and more a hatred of the remarkable double standards. Chester FC have never been regarded as a Welsh club, policing has been responsible by an English police force not Welsh; taxation etc would have been under English control not Welsh.

When you add in that during previous lockdowns, WG have never considered Chester FC to be "Welsh", it's more the highlighting of this incident which on face value appears to be a grandstanding PR exercise which will result in no action being taken than anything else.

Out of interest, are TNS playing behind closed doors?

Is this the defend Drakeford thread on the subject? If so, I'm in. There's an antimatter one below for those of a different ilk 😜

Oops, looks like I posted too early, before the Logic machine turned its plug on. 😶

There ia an old law which states that it is OK to kill a Welshman in Chester on a Sunday as long as its within the city walls and after midnight.

Let's hope they're not drinking Strongbow.

I can picture Drakeford hunched over his lectern in the Deva Stadium centre circle telling the press: "Here in Wales, we stay in...."

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I can picture Drakeford hunched over his lectern in the Deva Stadium centre circle telling the press: "Here in Wales, we stay in...."
    "Here.................................in........... ........................Wales,.................... ...............we..............................sta y...................in"

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "Here.................................in........... ........................Wales,.................... ...............we..............................sta y...................in"
    I think that he's a wonderful person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that he's a wonderful person.
    That's two of us then.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's two of us then.
    You're such a softy...

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate it's less a hatred of the Welsh and more a hatred of the remarkable double standards. Chester FC have never been regarded as a Welsh club, policing has been responsible by an English police force not Welsh; taxation etc would have been under English control not Welsh.

When you add in that during previous lockdowns, WG have never considered Chester FC to be "Welsh", it's more the highlighting of this incident which on face value appears to be a grandstanding PR exercise which will result in no action being taken than anything else.

Just looked on the TNS Twitter page and they are playing behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Just looked on the TNS Twitter page and they are playing behind closed doors.
    Logic is now baffled since no part of the club is physically located in England.

If you are on the wrong side of Daily Mail readers you can’t be doing much wrong. They are the pond life of Britain.

Logic is now baffled since no part of the club is physically located in England.
    Logic needs to get a mechanic in to check his circuits.

The state of those comments. Bloody hell.

I heard they pay rates to Flintshire, their bar is licenced by Flintshire and they claimed some benefit off either the Welsh Government or Flintshire council during one of the earlier rounds of the pandemic (seen something on their message board yesterday can be arsed to trawl through pages of the stuff on there again).
    They are done bang to rights, their joint is in Wales and they will have to abide by Welsh rules.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I heard they pay rates to Flintshire, their bar is licenced by Flintshire and they claimed some benefit off either the Welsh Government or Flintshire council during one of the earlier rounds of the pandemic (seen something on their message board yesterday can be arsed to trawl through pages of the stuff on there again).
    They are done bang to rights, their joint is in Wales and they will have to abide by Welsh rules.
    Thats all fine but surely therefore the reverse applies to TNS, if their ground is fully located in England. Why are they being made to play behind closed doors ? The fact that they may come under the Welsh FA because they play in a Welsh league is surely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Have read that’s the case with NDBR, etc too. I imagine the police issue is probably one of logistical convenience for match days, given how the border between the two countries has developed and where this ground sits in relation to that. Seems an odd place to have built a relatively new ground in the first place, so close to different administrative borders but I can’t say I’m well acquainted with that part of the world.

I get the feeling with TNS it’s probably an agreement with / through the FAW to follow WG rules.

There's a little village of Evanstown, near Gilfach Goch, which is in the Bridgend local authority. Gilfach Goch is in RCT. There's only one road in and out of Evanstown, which runs through Gilfach. Until a few years ago, Bridgend refuse lorries would make the decent journey to Evanstown until a deal was struck and now RCT lorries serve the small village.

My point is that there are occasionally these little quirks and are best solved when there's a bit of common sense applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's a little village of Evanstown, near Gilfach Goch, which is in the Bridgend local authority. Gilfach Goch is in RCT. There's only one road in and out of Evanstown, which runs through Gilfach. Until a few years ago, Bridgend refuse lorries would make the decent journey to Evanstown until a deal was struck and now RCT lorries serve the small village.

My point is that there are occasionally these little quirks and are best solved when there's a bit of common sense applied.
    One of the most popular sites in Canyon Country is Four Corners Monument. This unique location marks the point at which the borders of four different U.S. states meet: Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. It's the only place in the United States where you can be in 4 states at the same time!