+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cody Drameh - CONFIRMED

Re: Cody Drameh

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hopefully we still get Giles back and we play Drameh on the right because Ng is pants.
    I've got hope for him.

He's performed better than he has shown recently

No dramah with this one I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Good old Leeds, always liked them

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No dramah with this one I hope
    so close yet so far

Ng's level is League 1. Nothing going forward and hardly Lee Peltier in defence. Much prefer Sang as RWB.
    Sang isn't very good there either, no pace and gets skinned easily. Ng would be a good right back or possibly a centre back in a back 3 as the Crewe fans said when we signed him

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Sang isn't very good there either, no pace and gets skinned easily. Ng would be a good right back or possibly a centre back in a back 3 as the Crewe fans said when we signed him
    He's too soft to play centre back, I feel.

I really hope we sign Panzo and Giles, too. if they're options. if we're going to stick with this bloody formation, we need pace and a left footed centre half as an absolute minimum. Morison clearly doesn't rate Sang, either. He's not selected him in some squads while putting Patten etc on the bench over him, which is a bit odd if you ask me. Not a reflection on Patten, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's too soft to play centre back, I feel.

I really hope we sign Panzo and Giles, too. if they're options. if we're going to stick with this bloody formation, we need pace and a left footed centre half as an absolute minimum. Morison clearly doesn't rate Sang, either. He's not selected him in some squads while putting Patten etc on the bench over him, which is a bit odd if you ask me. Not a reflection on Patten, either.
    sang has been injured

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    sang has been injured
    He has, but I think Morison answered a question about him very recently saying he had decided not to put him on the bench a few games back, although he was fit enough, because he wanted other options as sub.

sang has been injured
    I thought he did really well in the limited game time he was given on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think he is better there than Ng. At least he offers something going forward. Ng offers absolutely nothing in attack. We can work on the defensive side of Sangs game, but it’s not like he’s playing full back anyway. Give me a good attacking wing back over a good defensive wing back any day. We’ve got enough defensive players in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I thought he did really well in the limited game time he was given on Sunday.
    Me too. Thought he had more of an effect in the 10 position than Colwill.

Me too. Thought he had more of an effect in the 10 position than Colwill.
    Yes I agree, I definitely think we need to give him more game time.

Looks well balanced, great first touch, quick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhrhYByoSNw

Re: Cody Drameh - CONFIRMED

We are delighted to announce that Cody Drameh has joined Cardiff City on a loan deal from Leeds United for the remainder of the 2021/22 campaign, subject to international clearance.
    20-year-old Cody has featured on three occasions for the Whites in the Premier League this season, with additional appearances in both the Carabao and FA Cups.

The right-back also has one England U21 cap to his name, having made his debut for Lee Carsley’s side against Georgia back in November.

Speaking to Cardiff City TV, Cody said: "I'm very happy to be here, it's a great feeling and I'm really excited to get going."

"I wanted to join because Cardiff City is a great club, first of all. From the first minute that we were linked they showed a real eagerness to get me in, which as a player is always great to hear.

"Everybody at the club seems to be really together, so hopefully I can be a part of that. I'm looking forward to showing people what I can bring to the table."

City boss Steve Morison added: "It's excellent to have signed Cody for this loan spell. It's something that we've been looking to do for the last couple of weeks, with a lot of work going on behind the scenes.

"Cody is joining us having been at the top of our list of players in that position that we'd have liked to bring in. I'm really pleased that we've managed to get it over the line."

Welcome to the Welsh capital, Cody!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Welcome to the Welsh capital, Cody!
    Ditto! Great news.

Let's prey were allowed into the ground to see him play

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Let's prey were allowed into the ground to see him play
    Dont worry we will be open in time for the egg.

Ridiculous we cant see him this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dont worry we will be open in time for the egg.

Ridiculous we cant see him this Saturday.
    Oh man. These words are like salt in a gaping wound. It hurts.

welcome aboard Cody.

I wonder what the plans are for him:

1: like for like replacement for Giles, playing on the left.
    2: playing on the right instead of Ng with Bagan playing on the right.
    3 playing on the Right, with Giles rejoining and playing on the left.

3 would be the best in the short term, and if we have 2 genuine attacking wingbacks we might really start to see what this formation can be like. however we would be blocking Bagan from getting more game time, in favour of loaned players who there is little chance of coming here permanently.
    other than avoiding relegation there isn't anything to play for either, so even though it might be better to watch, is it worth finishing a few places higher but not developing our own players. I dunno.

welcome aboard Cody.

3 would be the best in the short term, and if we have 2 genuine attacking wingbacks we might really start to see what this formation can be like. however we would be blocking Bagan from getting more game time, in favour of loaned players who there is little chance of coming here permanently.
    other than avoiding relegation there isn't anything to play for either, so even though it might be better to watch, is it worth finishing a few places higher but not developing our own players. I dunno.
    Pretty big thing to be playing for tbf

welcome aboard Cody.

But unless we ditch vaulks pack and bacuna we still have the midfield problems that could be solved by Ralls sang and wintle (and Bowen of fit) with the need to bring in some further cover - not sure SM will do this though

Then I think we would be okay especially if we could get Giles back

Just my opinion 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    But unless we ditch vaulks pack and bacuna we still have the midfield problems that could be solved by Ralls sang and wintle (and Bowen of fit) with the need to bring in some further cover - not sure SM will do this though

Then I think we would be okay especially if we could get Giles back

Just my opinion 👍
    The team are always going to stutter and stumble with Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna in the side. Play any two of the aforementioned in the side at the same time and you're already up against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The team are always going to stutter and stumble with Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna in the side. Play any two of the aforementioned in the side at the same time and you're already up against it.
    I’m hoping Wintle and Ralls can form a decent partnership and I’d have Vaulks as it stands as the stand in replacement.

Any pace coming into the squad has to be a good thing.

Morison:
    "A lot went into it, we had to produce a presentation for Leeds to show that we were the right team for him. We showed them how we could help him and his development.

"There were lots of conversations. There was interest from other teams.

"The work the guys did in the office, the analysis team, the presentation that they put together was second to none. The feedback from that was excellent.

"Then there were relations with different people there.

"Myself, my other coaching staff, we all came together as a team. The board put the final pieces together. It was a a real team effort and I'd like to thank everyone involved."

Very positive. Welcome Cody, I think this is will be a good loan.