+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Darren Ferguson post match comments - brutal

Darren Ferguson post match comments - brutal

"I'm devastated. It was a humiliation and a complete embarrassment to the club. A performance of that level in a game of this magnitude will never, ever be acceptable. When you come into a game knowing Cardiff have lost nine games at home, and on the back of a performance last weekend that everyone agreed was a positive one, I cannot take one positive out of that performance, not one. I could have made about two subs after 20-25 minutes.

"It's not going to make much difference but I do have to apologise to the fans who came down to watch what was an unbelievable performance. It could have been four or five-nil after 20 minutes. From the top to bottom of the game, in terms of the fundamentals - tackles, second balls, headers, set-pieces, running on the ball - they annihilated us. To see a performance like that is worrying. We changed formation three or four times and I'm trying everything I can to try to salvage a run of games where we can get wins, but it just isn't working. That's football and that lies with me."

Re: Darren Ferguson post match comments - brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    "I'm devastated. It was a humiliation and a complete embarrassment to the club. A performance of that level in a game of this magnitude will never, ever be acceptable. When you come into a game knowing Cardiff have lost nine games at home, and on the back of a performance last weekend that everyone agreed was a positive one, I cannot take one positive out of that performance, not one. I could have made about two subs after 20-25 minutes.

"It's not going to make much difference but I do have to apologise to the fans who came down to watch what was an unbelievable performance. It could have been four or five-nil after 20 minutes. From the top to bottom of the game, in terms of the fundamentals - tackles, second balls, headers, set-pieces, running on the ball - they annihilated us. To see a performance like that is worrying. We changed formation three or four times and I'm trying everything I can to try to salvage a run of games where we can get wins, but it just isn't working. That's football and that lies with me."
    Understandable because managers always judge games in a very one eyed manner, but I think we would have comfortably beaten much better teams than Peterborough playing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Understandable because managers always judge games in a very one eyed manner, but I think we would have comfortably beaten much better teams than Peterborough playing like that.
    In the same way we comfortably beat a resurgent Forest team.

The transformation in the way we are playing, is nothing short of incredible.... pace, movement, good passing and winning the midfield battles! Who would have thought we'd be using those words to describe a Cardiff City team this season, eh!

I'm not going to gloat about how poor Peterborough were, as we have played equally poor this season (without their possession %).

Our midfield has been our glaring weakness for quite a few seasons now. It's pivotal for any team, however, previous managers never addressed the issue.

If Doyle and Wintle were unavailable at the same time and we had to thrust Pack and Vaulks back in, you'd feel all the progress we've made would get derailed, those are the fine margins.
    Ralls would end up cutting a lonely, isolated figure, in midfield. The forwards would be starved of the quality ball they've been getting recently. The defence would have little protection in front of them (take a bow, Mr Wintle,)

Vaulks, Pack, Nelson, Bacuna and Morrison (yeah, I know - but there's no room for sentiment) all need to be offloaded.

Could you imagine the starting eleven, that we had last night, having a whole pre-season together with perhaps one or two new additions (well, we can dream)?

8 nil would not have been unreasonable. Peterborough are down along with Barnsley. Have to be looking at Reading to fill the last spot. I've said it before, last match of the season away at Derby will be "interesting". We could send them down for the second season on the trot. I'm guessing, Ferguson is off.

At least Ferguson is being honest compared to the clown we have in charge. After our game v QPR Pauno cane out and said we played well in between the goals they scored...we had just been thumped 4-0.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    8 nil would not have been unreasonable. Peterborough are down along with Barnsley. Have to be looking at Reading to fill the last spot. I've said it before, last match of the season away at Derby will be "interesting". We could send them down for the second season on the trot. I'm guessing, Ferguson is off.
    Unless we sack Clownovic we are nailed on down.

Peterborough are so very toothless as far as attacking play is concerned. I felt embarrassed for their travelling fans.