+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: By the time we play next... We could be bottom three

By the time we play next... We could be bottom three

Peterborough play twice before we do. Hopefully they lose both games but if they win them both, and Reading get a point at QPR on Saturday then we will kick off v Forest in the relegation zone.

We follow Forest H with Barnsley A and Peterborough H in the league (ignoring the cup game). The next few weeks could be pivotal in our season.

Re: By the time we play next... We could be bottom three

Highly unlikely that Peterborough, a team that has won 5 games all season, would suddenly win twice in a week. Not impossible by any means, but the odds on that happening are currently 15/1.

Incidentally, the odds on City being relegated are currently 4/1, which I reckon is a little on the short side if anything.

If- the biggest and most important word in the Oxford Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Highly unlikely that Peterborough, a team that has won 5 games all season, would suddenly win twice in a week. Not impossible by any means, but the odds on that happening are currently 15/1.

Incidentally, the odds on City being relegated are currently 4/1, which I reckon is a little on the short side if anything.
    Probably could have said a similar thing about Hull a week ago, but somehow they managed to beat 2 of the better teams in the league.
    Must be the influence a new owner has on a team 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Probably could have said a similar thing about Hull a week ago, but somehow they managed to beat 2 of the better teams in the league.
    Fair point, but I think Peterborough’s defensive record makes the prospect of two wins in a week considerably less likely. They’ve conceded 20 more goals than Hull, having played two fewer games.

I think 4 / 1 is very generous.

Suprisingly Sky have us favs for Saturday at 8/5 Forest 9/5.

Those Forest odds look very generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    If- the biggest and most important word in the Oxford Dictionary
    A is shorter and pretty important if one wishes to be selective.