+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Combatting drug deaths..

Combatting drug deaths..

If you've lost anyone to drugs (I have) you'll know that they *could* be alive if more of these type facilities were available at the time

The UK governments attitude to drug addiction is nothing short of negligence .

Well done Peter. We need these in Cardiff

https://youtu.be/rkxLv3Q5a2k

Re: Combatting drug deaths..

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    If you've lost anyone to drugs (I have) you'll know that they *could* be alive if more of these type facilities were available at the time

We have such a backwards way of things in the UK. People suffering addictions deserve help, they shouldn't be criminalised.

I think a housing first approach can help, how we expect people to beat drug addictions if they're living on the street is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    We have such a backwards way of things in the UK. People suffering addictions deserve help, they shouldn't be criminalised.

I think a housing first approach can help, how we expect people to beat drug addictions if they're living on the street is beyond me.
    Completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

I've lived in the bay area of Cardiff and now Riverside/Grangetown for over a decade now but still close enough to The Huggard Centre to see the effects of drug use and dealing spilling out further and further. I 100% support Peter's approach to this and agree that criminalising the addict for using is absurd.

The issue of housing is one that no party/government has properly addressed for decades, unfortunately. Ignoring all of these issues for that long has now become even more expensive both socially and financially than if they'd dealt with this years ago.

Thanks for posting this.

Great to see this, the lack of proper Government backed support for addiction treatment and awareness is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

There's been Housing First models used in Wales for the last four years.