+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isaak Davies

Re: Isaak Davies

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Forget Isaak Davies, forget Steve Morison, forget Cardiff City - anyone calling a twenty year with less than ten senior appearances "more of a hindrance than a help" after subbing him when he'd come on as a sub is guilty of rank bad management.
    Morison has tried to argue that people are easily offended these days but even back in the 90s when football on tv started to take off I don’t recall many managers going after their own players in the media, especially rookies. Arsene Wenger was selectively blind for many year to the point of ridicule rather than criticise a player and look how many young players he brought through Mourinho used to do it to more senior pros but had the trophy cabinet to back it up and walked the walk as well as talked the talk. He also found out at Man U and Spurs that those methods were outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And a brittle ego.
    Ironically, for someone saying people are being sensitive he’s very sensitive to any critiscm himself.

Looks like the lad reacted well , perhaps it was good man management .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Forget Isaak Davies, forget Steve Morison, forget Cardiff City - anyone calling a twenty year with less than ten senior appearances "more of a hindrance than a help" after subbing him when he'd come on as a sub is guilty of rank bad management.
    Absolutely agree with your post but being devil's advocate SM is new to management that has a public glare and I think his last interview after the Preston game regained some ground for me but he needs to improve his external comms skills for sure

What I would say for what's its worth the players as a group seem to be playing their hearts out for him and Davies had a good game against Preston

Early days I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Danny has stated on more than occasion he is acting as a mentor to Davies and as a result is a friend of the family. He come out with the criticsm on a podcast recorded about a week after the incident. He was also critical of it on social media and sought to correct certain journalists who were coming out with the “Steve Morison” knows Isaak Davies better than any one in football argument.
    I dont do podcasts, so missed that

As for kangaroo court this forum has been going decades and is built on people having an opinion on players, managers, team selection, owners, etc etc etc
    Shall we stop having opinions because we don’t know the individuals personally? Or are not employees of the club?

What an odd thing for a moderator to come out with.
    Never said people should stop having opinions, just people were imho going over the top with the criticism of SM and the press confrence

Not sure what difference me being a moderator has to do with that, its my opinion and nothing to do with what I do when I have my moderator hat on , when I post on here I post as myself ( not as a moderator )

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Looks like the lad reacted well , perhaps it was good man management .
    maybe SM knows ID better than people on here

DJ did it to AM, so SM doing it to ID is not a first with our club unfortunately. I hope he heeds the words of DG, IR & NB otherwise VT, MD & KC may be telling him to FO. TTFN

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    DJ did it to AM, so SM doing it to ID is not a first with our club unfortunately. I hope he heeds the words of DG, IR & NB otherwise VT, MD & KC may be telling him to FO. TTFN
    Whatever happened to AM?
    I thought he had a big career ahead of him when he used to play for us.

.. .----. -- / ... - .-. ..- --. --. .-.. .. -. --. / - --- / -.- . . .--. / ..- .--.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Whatever happened to AM?
    I thought he had a big career ahead of him when he used to play for us.
    He’s in the PM of his career now.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I dont do podcasts, so missed that

Never said people should stop having opinions, just people were imho going over the top with the criticism of SM and the press confrence

Not sure what difference me being a moderator has to do with that, its my opinion and nothing to do with what I do when I have my moderator hat on , when I post on here I post as myself ( not as a moderator )
    You are endorsing people stop giving their opinions because they don’t know the player as well as the manager.

I would suggest that’s at odds with what Mike wants from a forum and wants people to give their opinions and therefore more traffic for the forum.

🤣

maybe SM knows ID better than people on here
    With the greatest respect Matt, I don't really care how well he does or doesn't know his players. As a mere punter, I just think he was a dick.

You are endorsing people stop giving their opinions because they don’t know the player as well as the manager.

I would suggest that’s at odds with what Mike wants from a forum and wants people to give their opinions and therefore more traffic for the forum.

yet here we are posting away about my opinion ( Mike, I Accept bitcoin in payments now ), but I know you dont think my opinion carries that much sway on here anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    With the greatest respect Matt, I don't really care how well he does or doesn't know his players. As a mere punter, I just think he was a dick.
    thats your prerogative, yet we still dont know the full story and if SM knew that ID could take the criticism and would use it in a positive way

thats your prerogative, yet we still dont know the full story and if SM knew that ID could take the criticism and would use it in a positive way
    But that's exactly my point. I don't care about a full story I don't know and may never know. All I care about is what I do know. It's part of being a fan, isn't it?

We do it all the time, in most threads, for most subjects. The only time we know the whole story about anything is when it applies to us personally or we write about ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    But that's exactly my point. I don't care about a full story I don't know and may never know. All I care about is what I do know. It's part of being a fan, isn't it?

We do it all the time, in most threads, for most subjects. The only time we know the whole story about anything is when it applies to us personally or we write about ourselves.
    and thats why I posted this

but I guess " you pays your money you have the right to moan on here "
    but in this case, the court had sat and found SM guilty and lower than a snakes belly, I merely just posted from a different angle and pointed out it might not be as clear cut as people were making because we didnt know the relationship between them both