+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isaak Davies

Isaak Davies

what Morison reportedly said:
    "I love the kid, he's a great player. I've given him all his opportunities."

what he could have said:
    "He's a great young player. He's taking the opportunities we're giving him".

Re: Isaak Davies

I think what he said is fine, he was asked about his comments so defending himself. I disagreed with his original comments but I don’t see why we now have to dissect every thing he says or spin it. You would do that with every managers interview.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think what he said is fine, he was asked about his comments so defending himself. I disagreed with his original comments but I don’t see why we now have to dissect every thing he says or spin it. You would do that with every managers interview.
    yep, totally agree.

he also said that he (Davies) doesn't have anything to prove to him as he already knows how good he is.

I think if you f*ck up you own it and apologise/acknowledge it. We all have bad days and say/do things in the heat of the moment but you can't hide from it. I agree there's no point in dissecting everything but at the same time I feel he needs to ditch the shovel and stop digging.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Like you disagreed with his comments initially but in answering this question from the press he has filled in the gaps in his approach to supporting the player

Foe me happy with that and let's move on as Davies certainly stood up yesterday topped with a quality goal

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think if you f*ck up you own it and apologise/acknowledge it. We all have bad days and say/do things in the heat of the moment but you can't hide from it. I agree there's no point in dissecting everything but at the same time I feel he needs to ditch the shovel and stop digging.
    maybe he did to the team once the cameras were turned off

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    maybe he did to the team once the cameras were turned off
    For sure. I'd like to think so.

I said at the time, Morison obviously knows ID well enough, and knows what he can say to / about the lad without causing issues, he might have had a private chat with him aswell

you have to trust that Morison knows the relationship they have and leave it now, it seems a few are very hung up over what happened without knowing the full story / relationship of the pair of them

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I said at the time, Morison obviously knows ID well enough, and knows what he can say to / about the lad without causing issues, he might have had a private chat with him as well
    Might SM suggest in private that ID shaves off his 'tache ('shaves' might be too strong a word)?

I said at the time, Morison obviously knows ID well enough, and knows what he can say to / about the lad without causing issues, he might have had a private chat with him aswell

you have to trust that Morison knows the relationship they have and leave it now, it seems a few are very hung up over what happened without knowing the full story / relationship of the pair of them
    And yet Danny Gabbidon - who is acting as a mentor to Davies since his time at the club and is close to his family - who has experience of being a young professional footballer trying to make the grade, choose to criticise Morison. He is better judged than anyone to “know the full story / relationship” between the pair.

It’s not just the fans can see what he said wasnt the done thing to a rookie, seasoned professionals like Gabbidon, and Iwan Roberts too, have been critical because it’s just not the done thing hanging a kid out to dry in public like that.

Let’s hope Morison learned his lesson and doesn’t make a habit of it.

Shows how long he's been with us.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Shows how long he's been with us.
    And yet theres people out there claiming no-one in football knows Isaak Davies and what makes him tick better than Steve Morison

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And yet theres people out there claiming no-one in football knows Isaak Davies and what makes him tick better than Steve Morison
    I suspect SM knows ID better than most on here, being his coach for a while and all that

I suspect SM knows ID better than most on here, being his coach for a while and all that
    Doesn't detract from the fact that SM is dogshit at interviews

When the pressure starts building especially if we continue to fall into the relegation zone, what SM says will have more bearing than ever

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Doesn't detract from the fact that SM is dogshit at interviews

When the pressure starts building especially if we continue to fall into the relegation zone, what SM says will have more bearing than ever
    he's only done a handful of them. he'll improve.

he's only done a handful of them. he'll improve.
    Potentially, but what he's said so far is inexcusable for a manager of a championship club whether he's experienced or not.

It's basic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Potentially, but what he's said so far is inexcusable for a manager of a championship club whether he's experienced or not.

It's basic stuff
    it was disappointing, but I think it's been blown out of proportion a bit

Some people seem to think Morison is entirely responsible for these kids' development, most of these lads have been with the club since they were 8 or 9 years old! Morison of course played a role but not as much as is being made out

it was disappointing, but I think it's been blown out of proportion a bit
    Exactly this!

Unfortunately the social media court of public outcry condemns people for one mistake. This one is yesterday’s news. Move on.

So I take it youre going to just ignore my other post about Danny Gabbidon then?

So I take it youre going to just ignore my other post about Danny Gabbidon then?
    I will admit, I missed it ( I guess you mean the one in this thread )

We would have to guess Danny knows ID well enough, I haven't seen exactly what he said, but you have said he criticised SM, I guess Danny came out with his criticism a few days after it happened

I still stand by the comment that SD will know how to treat ID better than people on here ( who were lining up a kangaroo court ) but I guess " you pays your money you have the right to moan on here "

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Some people seem to think Morison is entirely responsible for these kids' development, most of these lads have been with the club since they were 8 or 9 years old! Morison of course played a role but not as much as is being made out
    That's not true, he said himself that he gave Davies all his opportunities

I will admit, I missed it ( I guess you mean the one in this thread )

We would have to guess Danny knows ID well enough, I haven't seen exactly what he said, but you have said he criticised SM, I guess Danny came out with his criticism a few days after it happened

I still stand by the comment that SD will know how to treat ID better than people on here ( who were lining up a kangaroo court ) but I guess " you pays your money you have the right to moan on here "
    Danny has stated on more than occasion he is acting as a mentor to Davies and as a result is a friend of the family. He come out with the criticsm on a podcast recorded about a week after the incident. He was also critical of it on social media and sought to correct certain journalists who were coming out with the “Steve Morison” knows Isaak Davies better than any one in football argument.

As for kangaroo court this forum has been going decades and is built on people having an opinion on players, managers, team selection, owners, etc etc etc
    Shall we stop having opinions because we don’t know the individuals personally? Or are not employees of the club?

What an odd thing for a moderator to come out with.

Danny has stated on more than occasion he is acting as a mentor to Davies and as a result is a friend of the family. He come out with the criticsm on a podcast recorded about a week after the incident. He was also critical of it on social media and sought to correct certain journalists who were coming out with the “Steve Morison” knows Isaak Davies better than any one in football argument.

As for kangaroo court this forum has been going decades and is built on people having an opinion on players, managers, team selection, owners, etc etc etc
    Shall we stop having opinions because we don’t know the individuals personally? Or are not employees of the club?

What an odd thing for a moderator to come out with.

Forget Isaak Davies, forget Steve Morison, forget Cardiff City - anyone calling a twenty year with less than ten senior appearances "more of a hindrance than a help" after subbing him when he'd come on as a sub is guilty of rank bad management.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Forget Isaak Davies, forget Steve Morison, forget Cardiff City - anyone calling a twenty year with less than ten senior appearances "more of a hindrance than a help" after subbing him when he'd come on as a sub is guilty of rank bad management.
    And a brittle ego.