+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid Rates in Wales - have the greater restrictions worked at all?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Covid Rates in Wales - have the greater restrictions worked at all?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Jimbo, don't go there on this. You're going to get slaughtered.

There is no way of scientifically (statistically) testing this. Basically, there are too many variables and too much missing data across the two countries.

Personally, I commend Wales' cautious approach. At least Wales can say it tried to mitigate the impacts of Covid 19.
    There's loads of data out there! And people are free to present it! The array of variables goes without saying, but I would suggest there are less variables on this topic than most.

It's a fair question to ask whether these restrictions, on balance, are working.

I don't think it is possible to disagree with the hospital admissions data is it? Maybe you could argue that you have to be on death's door to be admitted into hospital in Wales whereas in England they are a bit more compassionate?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I don't think it is possible to disagree with the hospital admissions data is it? Maybe you could argue that you have to be on death's door to be admitted into hospital in Wales whereas in England they are a bit more compassionate?
    There is a variable with hospitalisations also. Up to half of current cases in Wales were admitted to hospital with something else and caught Covid in hospital.Mark Drakeford mentioned this.

That’s the problem there is so much data, you can make an argument either way.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    There is a variable with hospitalisations also. Up to half of current cases in Wales were admitted to hospital with something else and caught Covid in hospital.Mark Drakeford mentioned this.

Yeah that’s a big one. I love the way I can’t go and sit outside and watch a football match but the wife can go and do a workout class in an unventilated room with 40 other women all jumping about for an hour….just makes perfect sense

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

The graph shows the number of people admitted to hospital with COVID per 100K of population not the number of people who died in hospital from COVID.