+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Covid Rates in Wales - have the greater restrictions worked at all?

Re: Covid Rates in Wales - have the greater restrictions worked at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I mean, it IS particularly shit in England. No might about it.
    ALL of England?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Maybe, I'd even say it's probably had an influence on our figures. Everything else from the other side of the border affects us, why wouldn't this?
    Do you think the reverse might also be true?

You’ve said England’s figures are really BAD. But what about the Welsh figures?

Is it the case that anything positive is down to the Welsh government, while anything negative is down to the English government?

It seems to me that some of us want to believe that. But I certainly don’t. I believe both governments are utterly hopeless.

I have no idea whether the situation is worse in Wales other than comments I have heard on the radio and TV suggesting that the situation in Wales (and Scotland) is worse despite the stricter conditions both countries employ. Incidentally earlier posts suggesting that the situation in Wales is bad because of its proximity to England is ludicrous as the reverse could be equally true.

I agree with this comment: "Is it the case that anything positive is down to the Welsh government, while anything negative is down to the English government?

It seems to me that some of us want to believe that. But I certainly don’t. I believe both governments are utterly hopeless"......................................... except to say some governments are more hopeless than others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you think the reverse might also be true?

Well, it's common sense. Restrictions like mask wearing and limiting contact do work, so it'd make more sense that a country with 20 times more inhabitants with near to no limitations, would have a greater affect on a country (that is largely considered a holiday destination by the majority of it's inhabitants) with 3 million inhabitants than the other way around.

You’ve said England’s figures are really BAD. But what about the Welsh figures?

Maybe things like this have an influence " The figures also exclude - apart from in Wales - those who are re-infected, something that has become increasingly common with the rise of the Omicron variant."

Is it the case that anything positive is down to the Welsh government, while anything negative is down to the English government?

There is a history tbf. Both in terms of the centralised government and in terms of the Tories in general.

It seems to me that some of us want to believe that. But I certainly don’t. I believe both governments are utterly hopeless.

Maybe , but I don't think the ties to the English government have benefited the Senedd in any way. It might seem irrelevant but that whole 500m crown estate malarky is 500m less on paying for more doctors or track-tracing people. Maybe it's simplistic, but it all plays a part.

[/U]