+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid Rates in Wales - have the greater restrictions worked at all?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Covid Rates in Wales - have the greater restrictions worked at all?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    You don’t need the exact numbers as the population difference is about 48m , the percentage is what counts and it’s weekly.

I wonder how many are discharged every day ?

How many in hospital are waiting to be placed in care homes ?
    Assuming you’re replying to me, you’re missing my point. Saying “hospitalisations are down 20% in England and 10% in Wales compared to last year” doesn’t tell us anything. These are all made up numbers now to illustrate my point: England could’ve had 10% of the country in hospital so a 20% reduction means 8% of the country are now hospitalised. Compared to wales where last year we might’ve had 5% hospitalised so a 10% reduction means only 4.5% are hospitalised. The comparison could be being made when Wales could’ve been right in the middle of our peak and England in a trough.

That’s a fair point actually , but an easier variable would be to look at annual excess deaths and compare those year on year taking into account population growth.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That’s a fair point actually , but an easier variable would be to look at annual excess deaths and compare those year on year taking into account population growth.
    If you can find those numbers by all means post them here.

I’d argue an easier way of measuring is just looking at “Hospitalisations per 100k” and “Deaths per 100k” since the current restrictions were announced. We’re talking about the current restrictions so looking at annual excess deaths would only cover restrictions in 2020 and 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    If you can find those numbers by all means post them here.

I’d argue an easier way of measuring is just looking at “Hospitalisations per 100k” and “Deaths per 100k” since the current restrictions were announced. We’re talking about the current restrictions so looking at annual excess deaths would only cover restrictions in 2020 and 2021.

This is on Sky News today

Pretty much explains everything

https://news.sky.com/story/four-diff...-2020-12513215