+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Taking the piss.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Taking the piss.

The Tory party is just rotten to the core.

The backing of him with the laughable wait for the enquiry comments.

Wasnt there an enquiry on Priti Patel but that got ignored.

Even the bank benchers calling for him to go seem more concerned about the damage being done in the polls than the piss take this govt have taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The Tory party is just rotten to the core.

The backing of him with the laughable wait for the enquiry comments.

Wasnt there an enquiry on Priti Patel but that got ignored.

Even the bank benchers calling for him to go seem more concerned about the damage being done in the polls than the piss take this govt have taken.
    The Standards Commissioner found that Patel broke the Ministerial Code. Johnson rejected his conclusions. The Standards Commissioner resigned and Johnson appointed Lord Geigt. The guy who did the anodyne report on the money Johnson got to refurbish his pad in his place.

Sue Gray, the Civil Servant doing this report has no real powers to conclude on whether the Ministerial Code was breached by Johnson. The person who determines if that is the case is one, Alexander Boris de pfeffel Johnson. Neat eh!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The Standards Commissioner found that Patel broke the Ministerial Code. Johnson rejected his conclusions. The Standards Commissioner resigned and Johnson appointed Lord Geigt. The guy who did the anodyne report on the money Johnson got to refurbish his pad in his place.

Sue Gray, the Civil Servant doing this report has no real powers to conclude on whether the Ministerial Code was breached by Johnson. The person who determines if that is the case is one, Alexander Boris de pfeffel Johnson. Neat eh!
    A law firm is now raising concerns over Gray’s past conduct. We all know it’s going to be a whitewash.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/01/13/l...rties-inquiry/

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    A law firm is now raising concerns over Gray’s past conduct. We all know it’s going to be a whitewash.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/01/13/l...rties-inquiry/
    Interestingly she is Permanent Secretary to Michael Gove. Now that's a man who knows how to wield a stiletto!

That said she is in a difficult position as the system is almost set up either to exonerate or not reach definitive conclusions. In that system the idea that a civil servant could conclude on the fate of a Prime Minister is far fetched as this is ultimately a political matter.

There is a need for a truly independent body to investigate and report on these matters to Parliament rather than people like Gray and Geidt, hamstrung before they start.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Interestingly she is Permanent Secretary to Michael Gove. Now that's a man who knows how to wield a stiletto!

That said she is in a difficult position as the system is almost set up either to exonerate or not reach definitive conclusions. In that system the idea that a civil servant could conclude on the fate of a Prime Minister is far fetched as this is ultimately a political matter.

There is a need for a truly independent body to investigate and report on these matters to Parliament rather than people like Gray and Geidt, hamstrung before they start.
    The Met have just issued a statement https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/stat...080894976?s=21

Basically they are waiting for Gray’s report before deciding whether to prosecute. So next time you commit a crime just say to the old bill, hang on I’m just waiting for my mate to write a report and when he does, I’ll let you know if I’ve committed a crime

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The Met have just issued a statement https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/stat...080894976?s=21

Basically they are waiting for Gray’s report before deciding whether to prosecute. So next time you commit a crime just say to the old bill, hang on I’m just waiting for my mate to write a report and when he does, I’ll let you know if I’ve committed a crime
    To me, this is the real injustice. We get the book thrown at us, no legal aid, no support, no help. On top of that, they're making it very likely that you'll be committing a crime if you protest about it i.e. ask the police first if it's OK. What could possibly go wrong?